Sign in to follow this  
lukeage

blxxdy numptys!!!!

Or better still, don't take your own car to the supermarket at all! Use the Wife/Girlfriend's!

YEAH what the hell are all you boys doing at the supermarket anyway? Bloody Nora times are a changing aren't they? God made the original Saturday Male Timetable so we wouldn't have to worry about our paintwork:

8.00 am move over to the middle of the bed as the missus wakes up(CAR IN GARAGE)

11.30am wake up and bimble about for an hour (CAR IN GARAGE)

12.30am Greasy Spoon remedy for the night before (CAR IN GARAGE)

1.30pm settle down at the pub to watch footy/cricket/darts/snooker/ barmaid.(CAR IN GARAGE)

4.45pm results and get your money down on the pool table (CAR IN GARAGE)

7.00 Sufficiently w**nkered to head off into town (CAR IN GARAGE)

3.30am sleeeepy sleep time (YOU AND CAR IN GARAGE)

At no time is the car at risk

Come on lads ---stay away from Asdaburys..Tescofeway...we don't BELONG there!

I used to work with a welsh bird who was really into air cooled dubs. She came out of asda one day to find a merc parked next to her freshly sprayed beetle. The woman putting her shopping in the merc had her door open agaist the beetle, and had dented the door.

conversation was along the lines of

'what the F**K have you done to my car'

'oh, that old thing? it doesnt matter'

'yeah, we'll see about that'

She then removes a can of beans from her bag, goes round to the front of the merc and chucks it at the bonnet!

Gets in her car and says 'see! doesnt matter!'

Im getting anrgy now!! I REALLY HATE people like that. An understandable reaction....

Or better still, don't take your own car to the supermarket at all! Use the Wife/Girlfriend's!

YEAH what the hell are all you boys doing at the supermarket anyway? Bloody Nora times are a changing aren't they? God made the original Saturday Male Timetable so we wouldn't have to worry about our paintwork:

8.00 am move over to the middle of the bed as the missus wakes up(CAR IN GARAGE)

1.30pm settle down at the pub to watch footy/cricket/darts/snooker/ barmaid.(CAR IN GARAGE)

:rofl:

where else would we get cheap beers from :lol:

:D Like this thread! Well I'm glad i'm not the only one that has a strategy on parking in busy car parks!! I agree, there's no simple answer really - you can park miles away from the shop but there's a higher risk of somebody breaking in, or if you park in a busy nearer the shop area it's more likely to get smacked by a door or flying trolley!!

If I'm forced to park between 2 cars I tend to chose 5-door cars to park next to cos the 3-door cars are alot longer and harder to get in and out of.......BUT the five door cars might double the chance of a ding and also more like to mean KIDS!! Doh!.....think the only simple answer is take the girlfriend's car. Or as STORM 2 suggested, don't go at all and make the girlfriend go!

I always get a voice coming from the passenger seat saying 'for f*ck sake, just park it!' cos I drive around for 10 minutes picking the best spot!!

Great thread this. I can totally relate to everything you lot have said.

The revenge stories are great :-)

Makes me wanna go home and get the Passat and drive into the side of a parked car haha.

I used to be extremely protective of the Polo, I'm not so bad with the Corrado, its my daily driver so its to be expected, that said I still am carefull where I park, funny to read other people have the same stratagys :lol:

I remember once someone in a 5 series BMW opened their door onto the side of my wifes car with me in it, I confronted him and he just threw his eyes up and walked off, funny enough I found taking the pram out of the boot quite difficult that day.

Those 'people carrier' mPv machines are the worst culprits when stationary and when in motion. The Missus takes it to the supermarket and dings as many doors as she can. As for when hubbys driving it, on the way to the motherin law's, ever noticed how the one caning it up behind you is either the WVM or middleaged, unhappywithhislife, fortysomething with three thousand kids in the back driving like a maniac. Why doesn't he pull over and take a good look around what he's driving and then adjust his driving style to suit?

dont believe the posh cars take care....if they can afford a nice new motor , chances are they will trade it for another one soon

usualy the mothers that pull up in merc estates ...kids fling all the doors open

has any considered parking closer to people...cus if you car catches the last inch of travel from their door its gona be a good dent....but if they cant get much of swing maybe theyd be more carefull????

id pay extra to park if they had big spaces for fussy people...they could have a logo lik the mother and child spaces etc

Just watch some of the old folk in the supermarket carparks, just wang the door open as far as they can regardless & walk away from whatever damage they have caused. :twisted:

Carparks are dangerous places!

Nearly 30 yearss ago, I was sitting in my car in the middle of an (almost) empty supermarket carpark at some ungodly early hour of the morning. The only other vehicle was an enormous dumper truck, parked at 90 degrees to me about 20 feet away. The driver wanders past me & over to the truck. The truck starts up & driver throws it in reverse straight back into me! My car was pushed 10 feet sideways & my life flashed before my eyes as the moster started to roll over me. The driver must have felt some resistance so he stops & gets out.

He then utters the classic line: "Oh, I never saw you there!"

The car was totalled & all at

mother and child spaces etc

We live in politically correct times, thats parent and child, well it suits me that way :lol:

I wouldn't agree with the notion that people in more expensive cars are the safer option, I think they would just look at our cars as being old and not worth worrying about damaging.

I remember on my honeymoon I made my wife get out of the car so I could squeeze it tight in a "space" between one of the multi story car park pillars and the wall, don't think it was a space at all, it was about two inches wider then the G40 :-P

Once when parked across two spaces in safeway i came back to my car to find an impreza parked across the space so close next to me i had no option but to get in the passanger door. I had to laugh at the cheek of it!