Sign in to follow this  
rmn

thoughts on intercooler type?

Heres a pic of the Pro Alloy FMIC which is a twin pass aswell. I think you have to move the rad to the left (to next set of holes on cross member) and cut a small piece out of the slam panel ........ not that i want to advertise Jabba !!

I can actually supply a brand new and slightly more efficent golf g60 intercooler now also...:lol:

Don't use any Merc cooler that was intended for a car. They have plastic header tanks & they are all very prone to leaking. Mercedes have had to replace stacks of these on warranty.

Sprinter or the new style Vito van (2003>) coolers are much better quality.

What do you all think of this type of intercooler?

Are they very restrictive due to the inlet and outlet design?

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

intercooler.JPG

'Twin pass coolers' like the one shown are a flow slightly less than a well designed single pass cooler. In saying that we are talking about a loss that insignificant that you would hardly notice it from the driver’s seat, if it were a race car then it may be a consideration. Realistically if you are going to build your 16vG60 with the alternator in the position of the Air con pump then utilizing a twin pass cooler is the neatest solution as space constrictions between the alternator and cross member do not allow room for a boost hose.

We built and installed a custom intercooler for a 20v turbo a few weeks back. After a few hours of sizing things up it seemed that a twin pass cooler was going to be the route to go down to provide the neatest installation.

The inlet/outlet and header designs on that cooler could be improved, but do not be put off by the principle of the cooler.

Got my intercooler from Jabba I know people don't like them much but the kit they supplied me was excellent.

[imghttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p1f11e0f7f42b97cc6031dabef34196a4/f3fddb36.jpg

Big time difference the standard intercooling is so restricting all of my mods where being hampered my the OE cooler put this on and my god my car has been flying ever since well pleased.

I am liking the jabba design, i saw it in the turbo'd corrado in one of the mags last month, they took the grille off and you could see it