Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Some help with a Golf 1.4...

Hi Guys,

My other halfs best mate has a Golf 1.4 (AEX Engine) that has blown its head gasket.... I plan to do the job next weekend and dont really see any problems as its a basic 8v engine.

But could anyone confirm the torque settings / tighten down procedure or somewhere can get them from?

And also if this engine uses stretch bolts? - I cannot find any information on the web! :roll:

Cheers

Scott

How old's the Golf mate? If it's a Mk2 I've got a Haynes manual that should have the info in?

Cheers,

Tom

How old's the Golf mate? If it's a Mk2 I've got a Haynes manual that should have the info in?

Cheers,

Tom

Its a 1996 ... I also have a MK2 Manual but it doesnt cover the 1.4 engine as VW didnt make them pre-94/95...

Cheers anyway!

Replace the head bolts. The tightening sequence is 40nm, 60nm, 90deg, 90deg. Nice easy job mate you shouldn't have any problems. If you do just shout :)

Excellent :D

Thank you very much!!

Anyone know procedure for loosening / tightening them? - your supposed to undo them in a diagonal fashion I think?