Sign in to follow this  
V3DUB

G60 and VR6 Coilovers the same?

Hello, i bought a set of coilovers for my G60 about one month ago Fk highsport kit. My friend that has a vr6 has also bought the same kit, now we compared the two and there exactly the same, how do i know if there correct and which one is for which

i'm not sure I understand the question mate?

Are you saying that you've put the two kits together and now you can't tell who's is who's?.

Or are you asking if there's any difference between vr6 and g60 suspension?.

well i know the Koni Coil-over kit is the same for all Mk3 Golfs(with plus suspension) and also Corrado VR6 and G60 :wink:

The usual split is that 16v/G60 suspension kits are the same and the VR ones are different due to it being heavier.

You may have the wrong kit/s as the VR springs are usually a bit stiffer than the 16v/G60 ones.

Firstly i wanted to know on the FK kits are g60 and vr6 the same apart form spring strengh , yes we did compare the two and they look the same so im thinking has the supplier gave me wrong ones for my G60 or are my mates wrong that he bought for his vr a month ago.

well i know the Koni Coil-over kit is the same for all Mk3 Golfs(with plus suspension) and also Corrado VR6 and G60 :wink:

same as the spax coil overs,you just adjust the damping accordingly

I've been looking into buying a set of FK konigsport coilovers for my G60 recently and everywhere seems to list different kits for the 4 cylinder and the VR6 versions of the Corrado for both the Konigsports and the highsports. If yours are identical, then I'd suggest that one of the sets was wrong to start with... have a word with your suppliers and find out what they say... :|

Koni Coilovers Ride Height Adjustavble Kit Front 60mm Rear 50mm...

This kit comprises of four Koni Sport dampers that have...

Volkswagen Corrado 2.0 (85KW), 16V, G60, VR6 Type 53i 88 - 95

ONLY £787.23 (inc VAT)

hows that??

dazzy, neither of those are the FK Highsport kits that V3DUB is asking about... :roll:

Venom lists the highsports as having a different version for the 16V/g60 and VR6s, complete with different FK part numbers, at the same price...

See HERE for details...

yes i know, but all the other manufacturers including bilstein list them as the same through at the model range,so why would fk make them different?

It all depends on the spring and damping rates... the VR front suspension IS different from the 4 cylinder cars, maybe FK decided it was better to have a specific kit for VRs and another one for 4 cylinder cars... Who knows, without access to someone who works at FK in the R&D department, I doubt anyone will ever know... :?

What I do know though is that I wouldn't be happy fitting a kit to my car which wasn't designed for it when there IS a kit designed specifically for it... :|

As far as FK Highsport is concerned, the following is applicable:

16V/G60 - prt # FKVW57

VR6 - prt # FKVW58

The VR6 suspension has to be different as the engine weight contributes to heavier axle load.

I have recently supplied PVW amongst others with their kits. If anyone needs advice/technical help - please PM me in the 1st instance!

Regards

Reuben

0208 681 0208

http://www.tuningwerkes.com