Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

how low is yours?

as im getting my coilovers soon,i was wondering how low everyone has gone on there c's especially the vr6 owners?

at what point of the car,

Chin spoiler to ground?

Top of Wheel Arch to Ground?

or

Center of Wheel to top of wheel arch?

Std at the mo' but would like a subtle -30/-25 drop rear/front.

Saving up my pocket money for them coileys. ( front shocks are on their way out so rather than replacing them with std. items it would be false economy not to upgrade them :) - that's what I've been telling the missus anyway :wink: :wink: :wink: )

I lowered mine on coilovers so low that the driveshafts where rubbing whilst going over bumps on the front subframe :crazyeyes:

Thought I had better raise it a lttle!!

If you have it too low :) , it's a nightmare going anywhere with speed bumps. Also I couldn't park in multistory car parks as I couldn't get up the ramps.

Not got a C. As you know Daz. But I've gone for about a 70mm drop all round. I have just less than 2.5" between the ground and the splitter at the front.

My suspension height

Original : f - 653mm r - 608mm

After : f - 577mm r - 589mm

Lowered f - 76mm r - 19mm

I think my original shocks were knackered.

I am using Koni coilovers and very pleased with them :D

I got a 90mm spoiler on mine and its 1 1/4 inches off the floor running 15's. don't get me wrong it looks the mutts nuts but is really impractical( but who cares!!) :p

you all have got to see this... this is his actual ride height in the winter... summer time he even goes 30mm lower, but on 17" ers

S_S_DSCF0026.JPG

S_S_DSCF0010.JPG

the left one is allready lowered 50/50 so guess what the right one is ;)

S_S_DSCF0005.JPG

less than half a fag packet this is why I dont drive with the chin spoiler on coz round here theres to many speed bumps to pull it off :(

Cant see that passat rs bumper lasting long if he actually drives about with it that low fiberglass and tarmac dont go together very well as I found out with my golf rs front bumperit was demolished within about 3 mnths

Mine is lowered 30 mm front and back on H&R's, sits very nice, but standard gas shocks don't provide nearly enough damping - so I am awaiting to take delivery of my new coilovers!!! can't wait. My springs are for sale by the way.