Sign in to follow this  
Scott

My lovely Induction Kit

No I havent mate - the VR is not smoking anymore for some bizarre reason so dont feel rushed to do it but also lack of funds at moment is main problem...

So going to leave it till prob end of next month (when hopefully its cooler)

I dont have any problems with that..... it also has a cold air feed - 80mm alum piping...

same setup as i have on right now.. still dont like it sitting next to the hot engine like that. a heat shield would surely help a little. i like the turn2 kit.. right down in the wing.

the VR is not smoking anymore for some bizarre reason

Ahh, the calm before the storm! :lol:

Only joking, The filter looks sweet, its huge! is it a VR fitment or something else? Got any engine cleaning tips?

the VR is not smoking anymore for some bizarre reason

Ahh, the calm before the storm! :lol:

Only joking, The filter looks sweet, its huge! is it a VR fitment or something else? Got any engine cleaning tips?

LOL - Im not too fussed as doing the job anyway plus its not as though it was smoking like a train - just a little on the over run (top end)....

VR6 fitment *:)

Cleaning tips?

Well I used plastic carriers and tape to protect the electrics then sprayed gunk every where - rubbed it in with a stiff brush then hosed it down with a garden hose.... I still smell the gunk in my nose now! LOL

Remove bags and let it dry off... then apply some plastic cleaner to all the plastic / rubber hoses , etc....

Job done *:)

The problem i see is trying to cover all the bloody electrics! Theres so many wires and youd cover half the engine trying :lol: and if i miss just one.....

Its the only job on the car i truly avoid! Never cleaned an engine yet, im terrified of breaking it! :lol:

dont sweat it too much dubster. ive worked at numerous shops (including vw/audi stealership) over the years which included engine cleaning. i washed engine bays of pretty much every engine vw/audi put out in the past 20 years. standard procedure: spray everything with degreaser. let it sit for five minutes (while you do interior or wash the rest of the car). blast the shit out of it with very high-pressure water. blow dry with air. maybe a little dressing afterwards. no covering or protecting wires.

not saying this is proper.. but its the exact same procedure i was told to follow in.. lemme count, 4 shops at least that i can remember working at off-hand and i personally never had a car not start or run poorly after, that i noticed anyway! :lol:

so.. that said.. when i do my G60, i degrease, wait a bit.. then spray somewhat gently being very careful to avoid all electrics. then use compressed air to blow everything off and pay special attention to electrics.. important. then start it up and run it around up to operating temps right away to evaporate any moisture that could have gotten anywhere.

for electrical wires that in bad spots and likely to get blasted.. and after 13 years the wires are often brittle.. just unplug the connector and put it out of the way... then blow out both connectors with air afterwards before hooking it all back up to make sure theres no moisture.

good god that must roar!

:lol: :lol: - get to 4000rpm and it sounds incredible..... everyone turns round too look when going past people 8) :D

But otherwise its smooth and quiet if you keep the revs under 3000rpm so best of both worlds.....

recently put 57i on my vr6 and its the same deal. thought it was going to be too overpowering but they sound soooo good on a vr6.

i know what you mean,it sounds sooooo nice,especially when your going through a tunnel :D :lol:

mmmmmmm tunnels and VR6's loverly 8)......aural sex at its best :lol: :lol:

lol i was waiting for that to poop up,sorry i mean pop up :shock:

I think you've confused Aural and Anal, Dazzy ;)