Oakley

Adjusting Active Spoiler.

Hi All

I have been searching the forum for a thread that explains exactly how to adjust the speeds the spoiler comes up and drops down. I have found nothing conclusive as yet. Can somebody please explain the procedure to me and let me know if there are any risks associated with this?

Thanks

Oakley

Yes. Spoiler modules don't change between engine models but do depending on age of car & country they were delivered to. Early VR6 in UK went up at 45mph, later it's 56mph. If that's all you want to do, simply change the module from the relevant car.

45 mph sounds far too early imo, I don't like the look of it when its up

Me either :p Might change it to 60 or 70!

Cool been looking for something like this for a while.

I figure a raise speed of around 57mph should give me a drop of around 25-30mph.

Be nice to have the spoiler going up as I zip past people instead of already being deployed. (Sad I know!)

One of those articles goes on about the spoiler coming up lessening the Corrado's ability to drift owing to the increased downforce :lol:

The slower the speed when the spoiler comes up the better! (Only because I like to watch it go up in the rear view mirror and not looking where you're going is not good when you're going fast!!)

I've had a 'rado for over a year now, and still the spoiler fascinates me :oops:

Mine goes up at exactly 60mph which I think is a good speed, don't want it going up and down all the time, especially considering how unreliable they can be. The less work it does the better.

The Japenese mod looks cool, if I understand it correctly (my japenese isn't too hot) then you can adjust the raise speed from the rotary control mounted on the dash. :)

Mine goes up at exactly 60mph which I think is a good speed, don't want it going up and down all the time, especially considering how unreliable they can be. The less work it does the better.

Its alright for you late VR owners as they made it go up at a sensible speed, mine goes up around 48mph (far too early) I am of course refering to spoilers before Dinkus gets excited :wink: :p

I dont believe it, as of this morning (no previous problems) mine is now stuck up in the air.

Why couldnt it have got stuck down.

Yeh thx Super, I searched google and found vortex had a useful thread inc fuse box diagram with which fuse straight after i posted so should have updated.

Anyone he needs more info search pattern on google = G60 Spoiler Stuck

Also provides excellent info on how to change speeds etc

Mine pops up at 73 mph.......

Which means on those occasions when I try not to creep over the motorway limit I have indicator of how 'good' I've been ;)

Well mine was coming up at about 80mph.... which was pretty useless. I guess that's because mine was a German import. So removed it, replaced the resistor with one from Maplins and nothing. Apparently the 1% resistors aren't available from them so they just give you 5% ones.

Got a friend of mine to get 590kohms 0.25w 1% resistor and soldered it on.... now nothing. The spoiler goes up and down correctly with the switch, but not at all at any speed (upto about 80mph). Redid the solder about 4 times and nothing still.

Any idea ?

Looks like problem is solved....

For some reason the German spoiler control is setup differently. With the 590Kohms it raises at over 80mph still. So back to the drwing board I guess...

some reason the German spoiler control is setup differently. With the 590Kohms it raises at over 80mph still.

Thats the original standard. Try searching some of the German web sites. Someone will have done it. Or get hold of a UK box...

I agree that the spoiler going up at 46mph is too soon (especially when I am too busy watching it and not the road! :oops: ) but wouldn't a lift at higher speed put more strain on the motor due to increased resistance?

Just a thought................