Sign in to follow this  
mr.ots

Bleedin Kerbs!

As I was pulling over to park today, I was looking into the shop i was just about to go into instead of concentrating on my parking and manged to scrape the nsf wheel on a fairly high kerb. The damage isn't drastic but the rim is a bit scratched and two of the spokes (solitudes) have grazes (1-2 mm deep) on them.

The wheels are in need of a refurb anyway (would not have been happy if they had already been done) but I was wondering what level of damage can be repaired during a refurb. Can fairly large scrapes, missing chunks etc. be repaired in some way and how is it done?

Also can anyone recommend a good refurbisher in the London/Home counties area?

That sucks ,happened to me often :(

But I have had chunks,cracks,dents and all sorts fixed and looking like new.

So don't see a problem with the lip ground away as they just weld them up ,machine them down and coat them ....like new 8)

But I have no idea on repairers in London area.

I've used Spit and Polish to do my tear drops on the polo, and the 15in Pirelli P's before that... they also repaired one of my RH's as they were damaged when they arrived.

http://www.spitandpolish.co.uk

They collect from lots of wheel shops. I paid £200 all in for my 15in P's to be acid dipped, podercoated and then the faces diamond cut. Same price for my 14in Teardrops for the same process as the P's.

My RH is flawless and you'd never know it had been refurbed.

I've had a bad experience with Sh*t And Polish - I was told (after getting my wheels back with nasty hook gouges on the inner faces) that they don't consider the inner faces to be part of the refurb - IMO, that's just not on, and I won't ever use them again.

Next time, I'll give BJV Engineering - http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk - a go, but will be talking in depth to them first!

I have heard good things about Pristine, as Mr Haywire has used them, and we all know how high his standards are!

I got mine done at Pristine - excellent job they did too 8)

I did call up BJV when I was looking around, and the impression I got over the phone was that they couldnt be arsed to talk to me.. :|

Maybe I phoned him during a busy spell, I dunno. But that's not really the way to win new business!

just had a quote from Pristine for my speedies, They want 65 per wheel. people rave about them and if they dont have a subsiduary branch near you then they will collect and deliver.

I managed to hit a 1 1/2 foot high wall while reversing the other night :( 6 inch scrape along edge of rim.

I guess I don't have the option of using one of the UK companies, so I'll have to get it done somewhere over here.

3 times I scraped my wheels, and all when I've been in England :(

just had a quote from Pristine for my speedies, They want 65 per wheel. people rave about them and if they dont have a subsiduary branch near you then they will collect and deliver.

Nearly get a new set for that, not speedies...but

Ok guys thanks for all the suggestions for refurbs.

next question is where is the best place to get a set of winter wheels (then i can put the solitudes in for refurb), what 5 stud wheels would you recommend for a good price?

DINKUS

Thanks for the subtle plug :lol:

ZippyVR6 has got dibs on the speedies at the mo, but if he doesn't want them then Mr.Ots is up next :)