Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Heated rear screen push switch.

Mine doesnt light up when it's turned on. Can they be taken apart and the bulbs changed?? It's the push in type, not the rocker switch.

A new switch is £44+ at the dealers, and I'm buggered if I'm paying that!!

Cheers

Rob

A new switch is £44+ at the dealers

Get them to check it again - they are about a tenner or just get one from a scrappy (same as Passat or MK3 Polo)

A new switch is £44+ at the dealers

Get them to check it again - they are about a tenner or just get one from a scrappy (same as Passat or MK3 Polo)

they are around £36,i bought one but that was 4 years ago

£44+VAT is the price at my local dealer last Thursday.

Can't honestly be arsed to take it apart and put LED's in if I have to do the lot.

Will just have to phone a couple of breakers yards..

Read this topic.

LEDs is not simple in the facelift dash HRW switch .

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Chris, its the same as the other switches, its easy. The awkward ones are the leccy windows, sunroof and the clock, as well as the fan switches being a little time consuming but nothing is majorly difficult.

reaper1_3 you need 3mm 12v LEDs

Stan,

FLA was having probs with getting the switch contacts "tin" in the topic so they soldered.

He hasn't come back since. I'll ask him when he PMs me on something else soon. What did you do to overcome that?

Chris

I didnt bother tinning them, they soldered fine with pre-fluxed solder. Maybe its down to technique??? I have done a few aircraft mods ;)

stanbates, its the clock leds that wouldnt tin - or rather the bulb holders, to be precise. After removing the bulbs i tried tinning the same places where the bulbs were welded but with no luck. Switches etc are no real problem - leccy windows are fiddly but I didnt remove the green led from the board just cut it off leaving a good anchor point for soldering on the remaining legs.

stanbates, its the clock leds that wouldnt tin - or rather the bulb holders, to be precise. After removing the bulbs i tried tinning the same places where the bulbs were welded but with no luck. Switches etc are no real problem - leccy windows are fiddly but I didnt remove the green led from the board just cut it off leaving a good anchor point for soldering on the remaining legs.

Thought so mate, it was RW1 who said you had problems, bloody know it all he is :lol:

Read this topic.

LEDs is not simple in the facelift dash HRW switch .

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Chris, its the same as the other switches, its easy. The awkward ones are the leccy windows, sunroof and the clock, as well as the fan switches being a little time consuming but nothing is majorly difficult.

reaper1_3 you need 3mm 12v LEDs

he was having problems with soldering to a bulb holder, the switches dont have these, they are easy to do , i've done all mine (the windows are a little tricky thats all)

doh ! must read all the thread before replying :oops:

the electrics failing on components is quite often due to dry joints as they are getting old now