Sign in to follow this  
mishnishman

1.8 or 2.0?

My G60 has let me down yet again :cry: When it is going it is superb and I want to continue driving a corrado for the ride and handling. Thinking about reliability I am considering either a 1.8 16v or 2.0 16v. Is there much between them? Would love a VR6 but cant really justify the running costs.

Despite being a 1.8 owner I'd go for the 2.0 given my time again. There's no out and out performance advantage/disadvantage from what I can tell but the 2.0 I used for a few weeks was a lot easier to get on with and did more to the gallon.

Plus you have the late body / dash with the 2.0 - providing you buy later than K plate as I've seen a few of these with the early dash! 8)

Changing cars will cost as much as sorting the G60, surely.

What's up with it?

Gavin

Just one thing after another, cost me £2300 to buy and have spent that again

in less than a year. On the road and running well for about 8 weeks total in the last six months. Water pump, front disc exploded, supercharger leaking, clutch disintigrated, gear selection problems - no reverse, lamda related problems, wouldn't idle, wouldn't pull skin off rice pudding, crankshaft pulley worked loose(?)Got it back a week ago and the head gasket blew yesterday. Just lost confidence! Its GREEN. Jinxed?

Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck. You won't get nowt for it with a duff head gasket though (who has diagnosed it?).

Gavin