Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Anyone bought a JVC AVX1, with scratched screen??

Just bought a JVC bling city head unit but on viewing the face plate it has tiny hairline scratch type marks away from each button and the slightest of scuff marks on the screen. I've notice the tiny ones on the last pioneer i had.

Are these in the manufacturing, ie if i swop i may get one exactly the same?

Note: It did all appear to be unopened/sealed where apropriate.

I am being quite anal here as you have to catch it in the light, but should i take it back? Prob wont see when its on, but im a bit anal about keeping all my stuff mint, so it bugs me. Especially as it weerrnt cheap!

Had it before on the screen of an alpine which i got swopped and the next one was fine. :?

Mate, you get all the luck :(

Id swap it asap. these things cost and if you are keeping it mint then it will be worth more on resale in a coupla years.

My think also bud, can just see the guys face if he's not an analist like me!

Dont surpose anyone has had a JVC AVX1 have they?? Would like to know what theres was like, or even if it should have had a screen protector on like mobile phones??

Just annoyed as i really want to fit it like NOW, but dont want to jepoeardise an exchange...arrhhhhh!

Yes Zip, my run of bad luck continues!!

I took a tv back once because the shadow mask was screwed up in the top right corner (anything green went red up there). The guy in the shop swore blind I was talking bollocks and it took a good thirty minutes of "discussion" before he agreed it was faulty and swapped it..

He insisted I must have had a magnet by the set or something...

So what I'm trying to say is - if you aren't happy, take it back. You bought it new, so it should be perfect.

Take it back as it will only bug you and make you consider changing the head unit at some point when you don't need to.

Your brakes stopped seeping now mate?

I took a tv back once because the shadow mask was screwed up in the top right corner (anything green went red up there). The guy in the shop swore blind I was talking bollocks and it took a good thirty minutes of "discussion" before he agreed it was faulty and swapped it..

He insisted I must have had a magnet by the set or something...

So what I'm trying to say is - if you aren't happy, take it back. You bought it new, so it should be perfect.

Exactly! - and this is why I go straight to the manufacturer wherever I can with this sort of thing becuase the idiots in the shops don't have a clue!

To be honest, i'd suspect they have a similar policy with cameras as they would with TFT's.. I think if you had 3 or more then they'd consider a swap but a single pixel isn't enough to get a screen replaced usually.

Still might be worth giving Canona buzz though. Whatcha get - EOS 350D?

Yeah, 350d, and it's very very cool! But I didn't expect them to swap it. I thought they can map that pixel out in firmware?

Should just interpolate it's value from the ones around.

Ok it means my 8.0 Mpix camera becomes a 7.99999 Mpix camera....

Does anyone have a UK instruction book, maybe in PDF form too? I got a euro version without english instructions .. :(

Cheers guys, changed it tonight for one that is ell mintoss. Lucky i caught a really decent lad in the shop who could'nt have been more helpful. Yep, im still in shock.

Trying to fit 3 lots of rcas, sub out, av out and av in plus the normal garb down the back of the dash is a fecker though think ill leave it for some dry daylight weather!

YAN--NOPE! still seaping, they wont seal, hence the head unit. I can sit in it, watch a dvd and make vr6 noises to my self.