Sign in to follow this  
Rory

How long to paint a car?

My Corrado went in this morning (Mon) to get the drivers side sprayed and he said it wouldnt be done till the end of the week say Thurs/Fri :shock: .

Does this sound right?

It has no dents just some scratches and chips with corrosion in

Dont know weather i trust the guy with my car all week but we'll see

He seemed busy but why cant i drive the car around for the week, then call me up when he is ready to work on it?

THeres not alot wrong with the paint just 2 scratches and 2 chips with rust in. As i said no dents

Is it an insurance-repair place?

If so, cash work is done in free breaks, after hours, etc, hence the 4 days wait.

I bet your car wont be ready even then. My car was a month or longer over due and the reason why he wants it now is they can do bits and bobs here and there till it goes into the oven to be painted.

When ever you book a car in, particulary paint shops then say when is it going to be ready. Do you need the car for longer as I want it done properly / not rushed. The date they set you from you being cool and not rushing them will be more than likely ready when they say. The just want your business and by saying a week mate or saying bring it in now and we will get on with it ASAP means they have guaranteed business.

However, if its late from that date then demand they do more bits for you, small bits like the plastic bits near the wing mirrors / front windows free of charge.

I am now in the 8th week without car due to respayers :mad: . Getting it back b4 the weekend (just in time for the edition 38 show) :D

A mate had my 911Sc (I prepared it, stripped shell and primed ready for final finish top coat) for a whopping 4 months. It was good when it came back, to good, didnt use it much after, got the best price i could for it. Moved on to a MK3 conv golf, was glad to be back with Vdubs. :D

How can you trust people to look after your car tho?

Its always on my mind, especially when he has the keys with a few young lads working in the garage! I should have more trust but it frightens the life outta me. I took note of the mileage just incase.

Does anyone else get this paranoid?

How can you trust people to look after your car tho?

Its always on my mind, especially when he has the keys with a few young lads working in the garage! I should have more trust but it frightens the life outta me. I took note of the mileage just incase.

Does anyone else get this paranoid?

Me too :oops:

I sent my Corrado out to be painted and 4 weeks later i got it back. :mad: The guy did a crap job on the paint, threw away my roof trim, wiper squirters, and badges. :mad: :evil: :mad: He also drove my car 550 miles from the time he picked it up to be painted. :mad: When he returned it he did it at night so i could not see the quality of work. :evil: i had a set of 4 Pirelli P7000 Z tires and he ran over something and ruined one of those. :mad: :cry: and now i am finding out there is damage under the car. :cry: :mad:

i should have the car back this week after 7 or 8 weeks. :)

Moral of the story: Be Careful Of Who You Let Work On Your Car!!!!!

I sent my Corrado out to be painted and 4 weeks later i got it back. :mad: The guy did a crap job on the paint, threw away my roof trim, wiper squirters, and badges. :mad: :evil: :mad: He also drove my car 550 miles from the time he picked it up to be painted. :mad: When he returned it he did it at night so i could not see the quality of work. :evil: i had a set of 4 Pirelli P7000 Z tires and he ran over something and ruined one of those. :mad: :cry: and now i am finding out there is damage under the car. :cry: :mad:

i should have the car back this week after 7 or 8 weeks. :)

Moral of the story: Be Careful Of Who You Let Work On Your Car!!!!!

:shock: :shock: Did you fork out for the repairs? Did he admit to the damage? Were they with MVRA (motor vehicle repairers association) and do they have much clout anyway?

Do you think its worth poppin in every so often to have a look?

thats what I did! I knew of the chap through a mate so offered him a acup of tea and a biscuit then he talked me through the car and showed me whats hes done and will do. Then I poped in everyday and had a quick look, I made excuses like I have left me sun glasses in the car or I need my cheque book. Drop him a few beers down, anything where he will give you a better service.

Saw the car today and it looks really nice apart from a tiny bit of overspray on the rear qtr window rubber but it peeled off ok so im happy.

Was supposed to be ready today (Fri) but i spotted a bit he missed :shock: so tomorrow morning @ 11am i'll pick it up

I still havent got my c. I was to have it last sat, considering it was 2 months over due the first time, the car went back for him to fix some bits he didnt do well.

I also had the car de badged and de seemed and he said pick it up tomorrow at 11am. If its not done im going to just take it and drive over the sprayer! Then spit on him and wheel spin all the dust into his face!