Sign in to follow this  
Boarder

Headlight Switch - Stealers want

My headlight switch on me 94L 2L 16v has snapped. It always got hot due to the internal light within the switch heating the unit up, this has caused it to crack. Its the one with the internal illumination resistor next to it.

I have managed to keep the lights working by flicking the switch to permanently on and then just unplugging the unit when I want the lights off. I am driving around the French and Swiss Alps in my Corrado in a few weeks and I am desperate to get a new one but the bloody stealers want £55.

I live in Essex, does anyone know of a part Co that I may be able to get the part from ?

Cheers

Pretty sure its a dealer only part.. so you're just gonna have to cough up unless you get one from someone breaking a car, but you've got just as much chance of that part being ready-to-snap as well.

Get a repair kit from someone on here, (Is it Dave16V?) I've got one and its top notch. They were £5 delivered.

Dave16V used a late switch I had floating round to practice on - think its sitting at the bottom of a drawer - you can have it FOC if you need it - anything to help a fellow owner out

Found the switch last night, drop me a PM with your address and I'll get it posted to you on tomorrow night - away in sunny Norwich tonight