Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

vr6 suspension

hi everyone.

have just seen some bargain spax (vsr?) suspension for my c vr6 - can anyone tell me how this kit performs on a vr6?

thanks.

Moving to Drivetrain.

Haven't got a lot of time but, you get what you pay for with suspension. Some budget kits are half decent but don't expect to get the same ride as a top-end kit or even, perhaps, standard suspension.

Use the search as people have posed the same question ;)

well, don't really want to go more than 500. have seen the koni /h&r setup online for 490. or the fk highsports for 400.

i have seen people on here saying the fk's good but a bit hard. the thing that worries me about the h&r springs is they only drop 30mm. is that enough???

TBH, out of those 2, I would go for the Koni/H&R setup as the FK Highsports are apparently rather crashy.

I've got 16" wheels and the 30mm drop is spot on IMHO. If you've got an early (90mm) splitter you don't really want to go any lower as you'll be constantly scraping it on the ground.

If you are going to go for FKs, I'd get the Konigsports as they're a much better ride than the Highsports (but also cost more)

Edit: And I hear the SPAX stuff rides like crap, but that's only from what I hear.

30mm drop is spot on IMHO. If you've got an early (90mm) splitter you don't really want to go any lower as you'll be constantly scraping it on the ground.

gotta dissagree with that dunk.

I had a 90mm splitter, dropped 40mm with 15" rims with low profile tyres, never had a problem really, maybe not quite as practical as 30mm...but not too bad.

I'd deffo go with the coilovers myself, then you can pick and choose. I had fk's (( not sure which one's but they were hight and damp adjustable)) and found them to be a nice ride.

You callin' me a drunk? :lol:

Yeah, how low you go is a very personal preference and depends on what the roads are like around you, what size splitter you've got and how much you mind whacking/scraping it.

With a 30mm drop my splitter hardly ever kisses tarmac and that's how I like it :)

yep..very true...but i was just disagreeing that with any more than a 30mm drop you'l be scraping the road all the time...cos I didn't ground out once with a 40mm drop.

Whereas my las g60 was dropped 80mm and had a 90mm splitter...and sometimes (( depending on the camber of the raod )) I could leave my car parked with no handbrake and not in gear and it wouldn't move because it was stuck to the floor :lol: ..gutted I never got a pic actually.

EDIT-- and judging by my typing today...i'm the drunk :D

yep..very true...but i was just disagreeing that with any more than a 30mm drop you'l be scraping the road all the time...cos I didn't ground out once with a 40mm drop.

Whereas my las g60 was dropped 80mm and had a 90mm splitter...and sometimes (( depending on the camber of the raod )) I could leave my car parked with no handbrake and not in gear and it wouldn't move because it was stuck to the floor :lol: ..gutted I never got a pic actually.

EDIT-- and judging by my typing today...i'm the drunk :D

Having said that...the vr6 has a lower sump doesn't it?...so maybe that might cause you a problem if you're lower than 30mm?...(( ive not had a vr ))