Sign in to follow this  
jamest

erratic vr...

my car has a big stutter and sometimes misses a beat- it feels like i am running a bit down on power!

i can be cruising along in 5th in urban areas doing 30ish and it will jolt a lot...

any ideas appreciated, gsf sending some new ht leads and oil/filter but if anyone can recommend anything else i would be interested....

cheers guys :?

can be cruising along in 5th in urban areas doing 30ish and it will jolt a lot...

any ideas appreciated,

Change down a gear? ;)

haha!

dont usually do anything less than 130 in 5th but make an exception where there are lamp posts...

now serious answers please

Check operation of the throttle position sensor (easiest done using VAGCOM, but I guess you can probably also check it with a multimeter). Definitely worth checking for engine error codes while you're there. Also get the basic settings re-done to calibrate the throttle sensor.

i dont know but it is a 1995 mk 3 golf...

ive got a sneaking suspicion it is something to do with the electrics as the same thing happened in my mk3 8v!

getting worse but sometimes happens when wet, sometimes not... occasionally when hot and occasioally cold and its a nightmare.

if im going along say on the motorway and take my foot off the gas it completely lurches rather than slowly slows if you get me

might take it to dealer tonight for vag com...