Sign in to follow this  
gatchula

94 VR6 NO SPARK PLEASE HELP

I have a 94 vr6 there power to the cam sensor and power at the coils but no spark I have the fuel pump disconnected does it need fuel pressure to get spark or should it spark with out it. is there a way to test the coil pack and the cam sensor and engin speed sensor with out the vag com or taking the car to vw? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

welcome to the forum,but having no spark :? it would be better plugging it in to vagcom as it would take ages trying to test everything.

Or somebody else here can offer you some advise :wink:

I would reconnect the fuel pump and see if you get fuel at the rail aswell. If you don't, the crank sensor is dead/not connected. If all else is well, that is the only reason you'll not get fuel and spark. The ECU shuts the coilpack and injectors down in the event of there being no signal from the crank sensor.

Thanks for the fast reply! Is the crank sensor the same as the cam position sensor or is it the speedo sensor on the tranny I'm not sure where it is or what the crank sensor looks like?

Any old motor electrician should be able to put an oscilloscope on the crank sensor and be able to tell you if the signal looks good or not.

I could be mistaken, but I would expect the ECU to fire a spark even if the fuel pump fuse was removed.

But it might be the immobiliser's key reader coil too. All will become clear with a decent sparky and/or a copy of VAGCOM!