Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Returning VR6 suspension back to standard

I currently have Gmax suspension on the VR but I want to put the car back to standard (maybe slightly lower). Has anyone had any dealings with the Boge kits? I was hoping this would be the standard ride with slightly lowered ride height.

I think the closest you'll get to standard ride while going lower is the Koni TA shocks with H&R springs combo that give you a ~30mm drop.

It's definitely firmer than standard, and certainly handles better, but it's not harsh and crashy like a lot of the aftermarket stuff.

No idea about the Boge kits, but suspension is one of the areas where you very much get what you pay for.

Cheers, I was looking through the GSF catalogue and just saw the Boge stuff so wondered whether it would comparable to standard. Koni's would be nice but I'm trying to do this while making some back on the Gmax kit and savings on the insurance for a standard car. Just phoned GSF however and they don't stock any suspension or exhausts for VR's anyway. Sometimes feel like I've bought a unique kit car.

Buying standard will cost more than Koni TA's and H&R's and it is a very subtle drop as some cars topmounts are worn by about as much!

I've got the Boge Turbos on my rear, but can't really give you a comparison as I've only driven a VR with them on (apart from the burst shocks I took off)