Sign in to follow this  
marcus

polo to corrado?

Has anyone here owned a polo g40 then upgraded to a corrado and what do you think of them performance wise?

Even better, has anyone been beaten by a tuned g40?

How quick are they at 140+ bhp?

dubenvy will be a good one to comment on this as he owns a g40 and a vr6 - from what i recall he has shocked a few rado owners in his g40.

my mate's got a st4 g40 and the thing is rapid off the mark. they are quite suprisingly quick. I love em....they just don't look like a raddo does....

id like to race one in my 16v!

it would leave you for dust sorry fella :wink:

ok im not gonna turn this into an argument, but you cant really say that.

They would leave a lot of VR's behind & only if there was a motorway would the vr6 catch up and overtake. They are seriously fast and somewhat hair raising ride from what i have heard.

ok im not gonna turn this into an argument, but you cant really say that.

Is your Corrado running a standard engine?

no, but ill be honest, i dont have a clue whats been done to it. even when my mate used to have it, i was in the passenger seat and saw it kept up with several cars with more bhp than it.

i felt that the "it'll leave you for dust" comment a bit ott

I saw that vid of veedub_rados car, it did look nice and rapid for a 16v. But i am afraid that i must agree with everyone the g40 is like 600-700Kg (ish) and running plenty bhp and the corrado is fat lol

i owned a g40 this one to be precise:

G2.jpg

G1.jpg

Absolutely awesome car, loads of character and savagely fast (its all about how the power is delivered), to put into perspective, with a pitstops ported charger alone i could sit on the bumper of my mates 210bhp audi s3 in straight lines

Ive now got a 2l 16v corrado and although its comfy, looks nice handles well and stops!! there isnt a day goes by when i wish i hadnt sold my G40!

Frontrightqtr640x480.jpg

Interiorfront640x480.jpg

What vid?

The G40 I came across didn't exactly leave me for dust but it was pulling away for sure. We were already doing 60mph when it started so he'd have had an even bigger advantage off the line. The 16v Corrado is just not as quick as it looks...at least mine isn't.

600-700kg? I doubt that very much.

Well here you go, you need realplayer cos its in 3gp (off my phone)

i know its not 7.5 but id only been driving for a couple of days hence im not a good driver atall, plus this was started on a bend and on rough back bushes too.

i know this car isnt standard but even when my mat who owned it before used to race in it kept up with a lot of thigs with much more bhp that the C.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/download.php?id=22942

ps REALLY sorry for this being completely off topic, but im stressed for nobody believing me