Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Interior Handles

Im looking for some new chrome interior handles and can only find late spec ones for the C. Does anyone know if the Mk2 Golf handles are the same as early Corrado ones as they look identical.

I can get brand new handles that are for the Mk2 Golf for about £15 they look just the same as my orig handles but just wondered if they would fit before I buy them :D

Trimsport do them and they are Metal ones but the chroming is not as good as the VAG ones for the MK3.5 cab and mk4 etc...

Saying that they are only £20 and metal is better than plastic!

I can get brand new handles that are for the Mk2 Golf for about £15 they look just the same as my orig handles but just wondered if they would fit before I buy them :D

yep, the mk2 handles and surrounds are the same as the early C, and as Bally says the pre 1988 passat GL5's have chrome versions of the same handle, the VAG part number on the bag that Bally's came in was Passat GL5.

If you can find an old GL5 for sale it'll be worth about 20 quid and you'll get two sets of handles with it :)

yep, the mk2 handles and surrounds are the same as the early C, and as Bally says the pre 1988 passat GL5's have chrome versions of the same handle, the VAG part number on the bag that Bally's came in was Passat GL5.

If you can find an old GL5 for sale it'll be worth about 20 quid and you'll get two sets of handles with it :)

Ive now sold the early handles & am looking for late chrome door pulls, as Ive changed to late door cards...

does anyone no if the MK3 etc fit the corrado?? looks simliar in shape etc...

Bally, dont think so mate - you're right they do look identical but the hinge point on the back is different, so even if you did mount them the surround wouldnt fit.

Bally, dont think so mate - you're right they do look identical but the hinge point on the back is different, so even if you did mount them the surround wouldnt fit.

hmm well may have a set on the way, if they dont fit I'll sell em on.. cheers mate..

Can anyone help me out with part numbers for the chrome interior door handles for the Passat GLS ? Going to see if I can get them from VAG. If not will just have to bite the bullet and buy a sert for a MK2 as I believe these fit the same onto early rado door-cards ?