Tekara

VAG / Scorpion 5000 Alarm Keyfob Forgotten - Reset Procedure

Hi. alarm gone mental after flat battery!!!!! think mine is the 918,is the reset the same? Can i do the reset palava with the siren disconnected as I am already annoying the neighbours every time I try this? sometimes when I connect the battery there is no activation of alarm but still shows 'activated' on the light on the dash and also car will start?

i think its the same.i had similar problem. Is there a key in the top of alarm like a d lock. If so turn it. Mine needed wd40 to free up. Alarm is quiet with it one way and key fob didnt respond turned it disconected battery then reconect and hold button down as soon as you touch terminal. Hold until alarm beeps. As i said before it worked for me

hello again got more info. . . .discon batt today to take starter off. When i refitted batt alarm sounded no matter what i did. Happened everytime i recon batt. Then i realised it was becos my boot/doors were open. Once i shut them alarm reset as before.

If your alarm still wont respond you may want to check the door and boot latch wires they could be telling the alarm that the door is open but its not.

Alright guys, tried all of this but alarm still won't work - need to get car in road ASAP as have very angry pregant girlfriend a bout to drop!

Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Ahhh I am losing the plot with this!!! Can anyone help. Nothing is working! Failin that does anyone know someone who can come out to the middle of north Cornwall and fix it?

Really appreciate any help.

VR64sale, try giving Scorpion a ring on 0161 7779666 for advice. I brought a new spare fob from them in 2002 (cost £42) so hopefully the telephone number I have quoted is still the same. Hope this helps.

Sorry, just checked the above number and it is no longer valid. The new contact details are as follows; SCORPION AUTOMOTIVE, Drumhead Road, Chorley North Business Park, Chorley, England, PR6 7DE, PHONE: 44 (0)1257 249928