Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Engine mounts

Hey,

Had my Milltek installed yesterday, however was informed that my front and gear box mounts are knackered.

After doing a few searches, I have come up with the following...

1) JMR front mounts are the way forward. However, £££ is tight after the exhaust (realise they are v.good VFM)

2) VAG are bleeding expensive ("STOP PRESS") :D

3) GSF OE mounts are pretty ropey? Please comment! from a post by stevemac

I have been quoted around 35 quid for the front mount and 21 quid for the gearbox (+VAT). How long will they last realistically? My engine is a standard 2 ltr 16v. I would like more power but if that ever happens I don't know.

My main concern is to get it sorted ASAP so as not to damage the Milltek through excess play from the engine.

Advice please??

Thanks

Andrew

I've got a JMR one (solid alloy) and it was £70 I think. You can get away with a solid front mount as the mount bolts onto something which itself is rubber mounted so you don't get any harsh vibrations.

changing the gearbox mount to anything other than a VAG or OEM one will give you harsh vibrations from what I hear, the front mounts a good upgrade though

right after doing some investigating, I should be able to get a JMR jobbie and a mk2 diesel thingy for the same price as quotes for OE :D

Hopefully friend will be able to fit them, happy days.

Thanks for the replies

Andrew

I did all engine mounts this morning.

It´s a DIY job for sure.

Though the gearbox one is very tricky!

The results?

Amazing! Mutch more smoother ride and the car does not balance the same way on bumpy roads.

Mine were all stock.

I really reccomend all Corrado owners to replace them! It worth! :D

Sorry to barge in where can you get a jmr engine mounts also were can I get a vibra tech mounts my engine is rocking to much under acceleration and is well over due mounts all the way round.

Well you get JMR Engine mounts from - wait for it..........

JMR - John Mitchell - 16VG60 on here!!!!

If you get a JMR Front Engine mount don't put anything other than standard on rear and gearbox otherwise it will be too harsh. Also replace the crossmember bushes as only costs a few quid!

The VW ones aren't *that* expensive are they? Thought the GB mount was about £40, front mount about £50..?