Sign in to follow this  
no_endo

will they fit?

hi ive been offered some early leather door cards for my late style vr6, i know the window and mirror switches are in different places so will i be able to fit them using my late switches. can the late speaker pods with the window switches be fitted to the early card

TBH i've not heard of it being done, my mate had to fit late door cards into his early raddo and it wasn't plug and play, whether you can do it this way around i dunno, surly you'd have holes where the switches go for a start?

its just i have all leather interior apart from the doorcards, it would be nice to have it all matching. i'll just have to trial fit one and see what im up against. i could always cover up the holes with big wolfsburg badges :norty:

its just i have all leather interior apart from the doorcards, it would be nice to have it all matching. i'll just have to trial fit one and see what im up against. i could always cover up the holes with big wolfsburg badges :norty:

Why not go all chav and have blue lights in the holes ;)

shame its much better having the window switches on the pods, think ill leave them for now. most of my cards on there now are black apart from a slight bit of grey around the handles, i may have ago at dying the grey black.

im pretty much in the same boat,ive got leather seats,but trying to get hold of late leather door cards is a nightmare,even more so if you have got beige leather,think my best option is to get my door cards retrimmed in leather

The door cards swap over fine (I've had all variations in my car), I think 1 screw doesn't line up, but it doesn't really make any difference. The switches aren't interchangeable, however I don't know about the tray/speaker pods, although I can't see how it'd be difficult to change them, they're the same shape...

The late/early switches are all swappable in the actual door cards, but the plugs and wiring is slightly different.

well from this info im going to give it a go on sunday, thanks for the help i will report back with a combo result next week.

with blue neons or wolfsburg badges? :wink:

How about some burberry..... very chav, yet classy at the same time with the blue neons. you can't fail but yo pullin Southend with some burberry ;)