Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Cat fitted ???

Having just bought myself the G60 and had the engine done at g-werks my girlfriend has asked seemingly an innocent question about wether or not it has a cat. Now I know as it's a 1990 it's not a problem here.... but it seems like in Austria (yes my girlfriend is an Austrian hotty) it is a problem. You all know Austria is big on nature right... well, now I'm worried. Oh and know nothing about cars. As it was a German import I also can't read the manual to save my life.

So please can some nice person please put me out of my misery and help me with this. Cat or no Cat.... Good or not good ? that is the question :cry:

lol, here here!

Look in forum mate same section jsut below your post. Ive asked a similar question as to whether or not itll pass mot without a cat ('91 J G60).

haha

I have lots.... but there not printable ;)

Oh ok then... but just the one...

Critical_Mass: Yes I know..... but is yours a 1990 from Germany (LHD)? and you never said it was factory fitted or a retro fit by somebody who likes trees a lot ? sometimes you have to be specific.... Especially when it comes to governments and their idea of what's law and what's not....

A year can make a whole lot of difference.....

Ahhhh, very nice too mate. 8)

Now, enough about pussy, onto the cat question :wink: ... is there any chance you dould take a pic of your exhaust centre pipe? ( the bit under the middle of the car )

As far as I know, the only way you could tell is by looking at it and seeing if it's a straight through pipe, or it has a cat in the middle.

nah doubt it, unless it was mentioned of a failure document for some reason, have you looked at the centre pipe?

and is it a standard exhaust ?...if it's been replaced with an aftermarket one it ups the chances of it being a de-cat i'd say.

Because that's how the original VW ones are made. They mount the exhaust to the floor before the axle goes on, so no need for a join. Aftermarket exhausts are split to ease fitment.

Yep, Karrman built them the same way they currently do the crossfire... they bolt the subframe, drivetrain, engine and exhaust straight up to the freshly painted shell...

With VR exhausts you can the middle and backbox together I think as a catback replacement...

Thanks everybody for your help with such a stupid (yes I'm not good with cars yet) problem.....

Once I loaded the pic I thought that's what it was, but thought I'd made enough of a fool of myself so I'd leave the answers to the pro's

Thanks again :D