Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

B**TARDS BROKE OFF MY MIRROR! CAN IT BE REPAIRED

Someone last night snapped off my mirror unit at the pivot breaking the bar inside that it rotates on. and at the moment I can't afford to replace it then get it smoothed and repainted!!!!

Does anyone know if I can strip down the mirror unit and replace the broken part???

Also does anyone have a spare mirror unit that they don;t want or is broken/damaged etc that I can rob the bit from??? I'm a bit skint at the moment!

Thanks

Sam

Thanks fella your a star!!! - Just thought though - I need to run the car in and going to get pulled without a drivers mirror!!! any chance you could post it???

AFAIK The driver’s side is a legal requirement and the passenger side is too if it was fitted by the manufacturer... Good luck getting this sorted :?

dinkus Have you taken the mirror to bits then???

If so it would be cheaper to post just a few bits. I'll take the mirror apart tonight and say whats broken. But it seems to be the bar up the middle that hold the 2 pieces together and let it swivel

Yeah, one of them is just in pieces and the other one is just missing the glass. Can't remember which is which tho.

If you lemme know, I can bung whatever bits you need in the post.

Yes, my Drivers Mirror (Right Hand side) has also just been broken and they also managed to break the motor casing in several places, the bar that the mirror pivots on is completely broken. The Motor still works!! No other damage to the Mirror though.

I have a Glass but now need a Motor Unit/Motor Casing Assembly.

Anyone with any spare parts I will gladly pay a reasonable amount.

Many thanks