Sign in to follow this  
fla

Alternative door handles

The lines of the car i feel are somewhat spoiled by the crappy looking door handles. There are some golf ones available on ebay from time to time but when I spoke to the guys selling them who said they were unsuitable for a C. They were only about £15 iirc. They were similar to the Audi handles. Are there any others that would replace the existing ones? Even if they were a little more curved (outwards) that would look immeasurably better. Look at some more modern cars to see what i mean regarding the curvature. Whilst i love the Audi handles its too much of a large job to get it all cut, welded and resprayed.

Ideas welcomed.

you talking about the chinese mk2 handles??

not really gonna fit on the C and pretty poor on the golf too

ben

I really like A20Lee's Audi A6 handles, they look superb, but like you say, expensive to do properly. Know what you mean about the standard handles, they do look very dated now, even colour coded.

Focus handles look good imo and operate in the same way as C ones, I wonder if they'd fit easily? Spencer Tram's drag car corrado has Focus handles on it and they look good, so it must be possible.

Spencer Tram's drag car corrado has Focus handles on it and they look good, so it must be possible.

Anything is possible in this game, that's what's so good about it! :)

Audi handles are worth every penny, one of my favourite mods for every day use. How about mk3 or mk4 handles? Think the locking mechanism is inside the door but i'd guess they still operate with a linkage.

fiat spider? handles...the one where the handle sits in a recess flush to the door and u press a lil buton and it pop's out slightly then u can pull it open.... its amazing looking thing,, but most prob cost the earth to fit them

fiat spider? handles...the one where the handle sits in a recess flush to the door and u press a lil buton and it pop's out slightly then u can pull it open.... its amazing looking thing,, but most prob cost the earth to fit them

Think they were in the Barachetta (not sure on spelling! :oops: )

Think they were in the Barachetta (not sure on spelling! :oops: )

its one of them 2.....

theres nothing wrong with corrado handles btw specially colour coded ones

Anyone know of any certain options - certainly the Leon one makes some sense. Worth looking in the scrappy.

The ideal option is a plug-and-play, with some minor dremelling requirement. Apart from that the only other route would be the full works Audi job, which i dont want to do just yet. And I agree with you Kev, Lee's handles do look really superb.