Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

Insurance database

Now then,

Does anyone know if this insurance database that they go on about holds the details of the cars that have been stolen and subsequently paid out?

I bought a corrado a couple of years ago and it got nicked pretty much straight away, all the parts have turned up on a golf from the same location, including some bits that totally give it away.

Now the only way I could prove this would be through the engine number, but when I got paid out I had to hand in all the docs for it including the V5, so I have no record of it. If I contacted the insurance company would they be able to tell me what the engine number was? or are they so stupid they actually bin the details?

They might be able to tell you what it is, I think they have to keep all records indefinitely.

Failing that, VW might be able to tell you?

I will phone them in the morning

I shouldnt really be bothered cos I have been paid out, but it properly pisses me off that someone took something off my drive.

You have no reason to do any of the sort, simply call your insurer and/or the police, and they will trace the bits and catch the miscreants ... or something ...