Sign in to follow this  
corradostorm

Quick Survey - Track Days

Well in Ireland they are lots more expencive

but apparently the rules about overtaking seem to be very strict in the uk

i would be up for a uk track day, once i get my car back together

anything up to about £150 would be acceptable and wheather it was just corrado's or not would not be an issue to me.

North of england is good for me too as its not too far from holy head :lol:

To me, it all depends on the track and how many other people were allowed on at the same time...

I'm damned if I'm gonna take a car I've spent well over £10K and countless hours working on to a track day where some little muppet in a Paxo/cursor/fester/insert generic chavmobile here is gonna end up trying to prove something and end up smashing my car up in the process... I don't fancy getting done for Murder, and that's what'd happen... ;) :twisted:

I'd be happy to spend upto £100 for a GOOD days track usage, preferably VAG only and on a good track like Oulton park, Donnington, Silverstone (yeah, like that's going to happen!) etc etc etc... If it's a sprint circuit like Curborough, then the amount that Club GTI charges is about right (around £35 for as many sprints as you can queue up for and run in a day!)

If I had the money about for new tyres, new oil, new brake pads and the cost of a track day, I'd be looking at about £100-£150 for a day on the track itself.

to be honest, i went to a track day at anglesey this year.

It was a great laff, but you got naff all for your money. Everything you do costs money, e.g. £125 quid up front, maintenance on car, track petrol, petrol to destination, food etc etc etc

I had a wicked time, however something which brings all attendees in at dinner time slaps a buffet down so everyone can share experiences etc would go a long way to improving the VFM factor.

But thats just me thinking with my stomach :D

spose id go to about 120 max! all c's would be good no muppets on track then.

Like the others though got wait till me motors back on the road!!

Lippy, didnt know it was anglesey you did your track day before!

if you wanna do it again thatn let me know you`d be welcome to come over night before and get hammered... :lol:

but really you`d be welcome, i might even stick my car on there too

£ 100 is about all i could get the BOSS to let me spend i reckon

I've done a couple with the MG Car club (MG's on track)

They are MG only...so no chavs or muppets.....the MG guys feel the same about their cars as the Corrado owners...my MG's cost me more than the VR6 and is nearly 20 years old (theoretically)...so gets treated accordingly.. the club did a trial track evening for newbies at Donnington earlier his year for under £100......seriously good fun, as much track time as you could take and really good instructors.....their track days are about £120-£140, shared with other club, maybe we could consider that as a possibility as it would reduce costs (the TVR lot didn't turn up at Donnington...so we got it effectively all nght at half price !)

Anglesey would be great, couldn't get much closer to the ferry. I paid around €120 for a day at Mondello with the BMWCC which was great fun.

Ferry is expensive though but I'm sure it would be a great day.

Cheers

Dusty

I reckon to get one of the bigger tracks (Oulton is ace) booked exclusively about 40 cars would be needed at up to £140 per car. I think it would be a struggle to find 40 corrado owners willing to take part but vag only would be good.

£100 sounds good. Would much prefer like minded corrado peeps that are scared of hitting each other too! Could have some sort of run each then groups together with similar times and therefore some sort of on track spacing. (really just considering my own bad driving there tbh!)

Well up for this. Might want to add a how far are you willing to travel too?

I'd be happy to drive up to 200 miles, or possibly more if we were staying or camping somewhere to make a weekend of it?