Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Tim's G60 - Finally started on her again...

Yup tidies it up no end. I am dropping her off at RK on tue early to get the bushes done and the fmic fitted :lol:

Should all start coming together in the next couple of weeks. New vr bonnet turning up tommorow and I finnaly got round to picking up those doors jez had kept for me... :?

Next new wheels and paint 8)

Where are you going for paint then mate? I'm thinking of having mine done if I can find somewhere cheap enough.. :?

I have a mate who used to be a sprayer. No cheeper than anyone else but I trust him to do a really good job. tbh I am trying to get him to start doing it again as he is really good but he finds it hard to get motivated :lol:

There is a place called star autobodies in st erth who quoted me 1200 + vat. That I might use if I cant get derek motivated :lol:

Jez has a mate who is doing paint on his at the mo. Could be worth chatting to him.

Well the new rims are here.

But they are staying safely locked up untill the respray is done :lol:

16" 7.5 front & 16" 9 rear 8)

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

CANT WAIT TO GET THEM FITTED BUT HAVE TO :(

Just took delivery of a replacement bonnet as mine has a big dent in it.

AND the bloody thing has been chipped by the couriors......................... :shock:

Going to take it up with them in the morning but am not expecting much joy. However it is a million times better than mine and will be ok once painted.

Its just the principle of it. Have they no idea of how hard these are to find in good nick nowadays. Not to metion the fact that I told them how rare they are :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Those rims are going to look phat! 8)

I don't know if I could wait to fit them on my car, if they were mine :lol:

Its going to be hard........... :lol:

But am holding out till all the bodywork is done and the leather has been sorted inside and she is looking all sweet then these will be the icing on the cake :lol: :lol:

As long as they stay rubberless there will be no temptation. 8)

Picture of the ebay gas lift bonnet strut,

Is a bit on the large size and could make access to the battery quite hard but is so much better for working on the engine and just looks better 8)

DSC00144_1.jpg

Also SWG scuttle cover and very dirty engine bay.......... It is a daily though :?

Well the gearbox has gone (lost 5th) rear bushes are shot and exaust rattles like hell but its all ok as she has gone to the boys at rk st agnes for a bit of tlc. get all those niggles sorted and fit a nice new fmic. :lol:

Cant wait to drive her afterwards 8)

Got her back.....................

Runs great and is boosting well. Jez has done as usual a great job on making the fmic fit with a bit of fabrication.

Gearbox fitted with a shift weight. feels loads better than the old box, Well it was fooked :lol:

Bushes done and exaust dont rattle. Happy customer as usual.......... 8)

And she made 201bhp with 197lb/ft torque.

DSC00164.jpg

I am well happy. Thats the end of work on the engine other than cleaning up the bay.

Time to start on the outside.

Goiing to throw on the keskins tonight to see what needs doing to the arches and my mate is geting a quote together for a full spray.

will get some piccies of the fmic later and the wheels. 8) 8)

Spec as she stands now

Jabba filter :?

Stg4 charger

sns 5.5 chip

68mm pulley

FMIC

Cheep exhaust. ie no cat , no center box just a wopping great big tube to back box.

tbh is too load but as above was the cheep option at the time :?

thats it so am well happy. 200 bhp is good enough for now 8)

for reference, mine made 203bhp 195lbs/ft with the below:

- std charger

- std intercooler

- 68mm pulley

- sns 5.5

- big valve head

- piper 285 cam

- 4-2-1 and decat

so... you'd benefit quite a lot from a bv head and cam next

The body comes next.

Then might think about some more engine tweeks........

TBH dont really need anymore power as I tend to pootle around most of the time :? :? :lol:

A couple of pictures taken this evening. The wheels wont stay on till the paint is doner and you can see the fmic.

Also the skirts I am going to put on..

Sorry

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

enjoy :lol:

How much diff would a ported & polished head make to my bhp do ya reckon? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How much diff would a ported & polished head make to my bhp do ya reckon? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha. well it cost a lot in the end - that might put you off. but it accounted for quite a lot with my setup.

Just got the one on egay. ported and polished by speedfreaks. Even if its not been done that well, it means I can still run the c and get work done on mine 8)

Just got the one on egay. ported and polished by speedfreaks. Even if its not been done that well, it means I can still run the c and get work done on mine 8)

ahh be careful though - a p+p head isnt entirely the same - a big valve head will have enlarged valves and be ported and polished

It still has standard valves. :( Though tbh its just good to have a spare. twas only 90 notes :D

Might be good for a couple of ponies if its had a port and polish though 8)

It still has standard valves. :( Though tbh its just good to have a spare. twas only 90 notes :D

Might be good for a couple of ponies if its had a port and polish though 8)

no doubt it'll definitely make a difference! i got mine and took it to an eng firm and they rebuilt mine anyway including new valves. so, its always an option!

would love one of the cnc heads. But cant really justify the outlay.................

But i will find a good reason one day :lol: :lol: :lol: