Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Tim's G60 - Finally started on her again...

Well finally got round to getting the keskins fitted, Gone from 17's to 16's with stretched tyres and can't drive anywhere. Even turning hard at speeds and the front corners scrape. But I wont put the collies back up........................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

And had to go to the scrappeis to pick up some more passat rears as mine had broken :( £4 the pair though so :D

Shame the moonroof had been smashed though as would have had that..................

Next time :lol:

Will get to the jamboree on sunday, Was hoping to hook up with the oem guys. Have got a place on the C forum stand at E38 for sunday as am in london on the sat night. But am in 2 minds about it as I am unable to get her painted with getting married in 6 weeks and all that :D . Might just get the new bonnet done and see how I feel............ :(

Nice one Tim, I have to say I much prefer it on 16s! - it's sitting really nicely now :)

I'm thinking of going to the jamboree, and camping on the Saturday night - i've got LOADS of tents for sale aswell so if anyone needs one let me know - they're cheap as chips and i've got some huuuge one's too.

P.S - just found a couple of missed calls on my phone from you, hope alls well!

Cheers fella,

TBH I am loving it on the smaller wheels. Might just be my imagination but am sure she feels better on the road.

Am going to0 be selling the 17's if you hear of anyone thats wants some......... Cheepish as well.

Have to work the sat of the jamboree as it is on the bank holiday weekend.......unconsiderate barstewards or we would of been there all weekend....

Ps, phoned you as was passing and fancied a cuppa :lol: :lol:

Well the bonnet went for paint today so should be back in a couple ................... :lol: :lol:

Picture to follow as soon as it is on. Might make me polish the rest of her :?

Just trying to get her tidied up a bit before the Cornwall VW Jamboree next sunday and E38 the sun after.

Did Brake calipers in red, could do with another coat but it started pissing down :? I know they are not to everyones taste as red brakes should be brembos....

But I think it works really well with the black and silver 8)

Redid my passat handles and color coded the rear number plate plinth..........

Then went round and tidied up some stone chips..,. Just waiting for the painted bonnet to come back.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

Will get some better pics up after I have cleaned her........... Just need some sunshine :(

Finally gave her a clean. Not quite up to detailers standards but will do for me. :lol: :lol:

Gave her a wash with Autoglym shampoo using a mit and 2 buckets.

Then some ARP followed by some SRP both Autoglym then did the glass with fast glass and the tyres with autoglym tyre dressing.

Tommorow got to do the inside and treat the leather.

Thank god we have got some sunshine at last...... 8)

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Hope you likes

Wheels off, Wire brush, Masking tape, Hammerite smooth and a steady hand. :lol: :lol:

Not the best job as the rear of the units are not done but looks cleaner. Will do untill I have time/money to take them off get them shot blasted and powder coated 8)

Was on there when I got her. TBH I like the look of it but it has been no end of problems. At the moment there is a jubilee clip holding it on the rear bar to stop it knocking against the bumper. Pain in the ass and means it sits at a funny angle. :? When I have the time I want to see if i can try and get it to sit up a bit higher and neater in the cut out.......

You can, but only proper performance exhaust places seem to know how to do it properly! to simply stop it knocking you need a bosal specific mount for a austin metro.... it looks like a mushroom with a thread on it to attach it to where the original one came off.

Bonnet should be back friday and a new set of passat rear handles from the stealers as mine are gash. ( really bad paint job by me- never do anything with a hangover :lol: :lol: ). Should be all good for the cornwall vw orners club meet and E38. ( well as good as its going to get) 8)

Cheers Fella, She is getting there. Just got phonecall to say my bonnet is ready and will be picking it up tommorow :lol: :lol:

New bonnet shinyness mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol:

just need to get it fitted properly now :?

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

Tim

looking good Tim.... I think you'll be putting mine to shame this weekend. If i can even get it to move that is!!

Not a chance............Worst thing I did was give her a good polish for the first time in 3 years...........The paint work from the last owner really is shocking :(

Apart from the bonnet :D

Since she is the cleanest I thinbk I have ever got her inside thought I might share it :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

See what going to a couple of shows does to ya :?

Looks very nice, i do like to cupholder fit and saw the same job on Andy665s motor.. Leather looks in great condition...

Looks very nice, i do like to cupholder fit and saw the same job on Andy665s motor.. Leather looks in great condition...

Cup holder is one of the best mods I have done. No more burnt bo**ocks with hot coffee. The leather was a steal but needs tidying up. The drivers seat is shocking(bolsterwear, Not in the photo :lol: ) and the door cards could do with being refitted as the edges are coming away. But it was only £160 so its great for that. Rears perfect and passanger is good. Really want a set of leccy black leather recaros for the fron but they are mega bucks :?

Looking awesome tim, total transformation from when I last saw it!

Was looking for you at the jamboree, didn't see you tho.