Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Strange Corrado Experiences!!!!!

Should this be in ICE, Exterior or General chaps???

Sure you'll put me right anyway.

Another thread regarding aerials reminded me of a painful/funny ( I can laugh now) incident involving my current 'C' and current household pet. Thought it would be good to kick off a thread detailing unusual experiences, like mysterious multiple runaway silver corrado's :roll: and other spooky unexplained things.........

so i'll kick it off......

The first sign was poor radio reception from what was formerly perfectly adequate and caused no problems at all reception. Further investigation uncovered strange and unusual damage to the aerial of the 'C' - rather severe and teeth marks and general chewing of said aerial. Upon further investigation, these were accompanied by scratches extending from the front of the bonnet, marks up the windscreen and scratches to the roof and sunroof panel.

After some deliberation and subsequent observance of the current family pet (dog) trying to chase birds from a tree overhanging my garden, the source of the damage started to dawn on me.

Watching the scene as the birds seemed to delight in winding up the dog by chirping louder and louder as he barked more and more ( i swear they were throwing berries out of the tree at him!!) realisation dawned.

I had the current 'C' parked up in the back garden and left the dog out on a sunny day.

it seems in an effort to get to the cause of his torment - the birds - he thought it would be a good idea to jump on the car to get closer to them. from there, he climbed on the roof and no doubt stayed up there for a while, got bored and chewed the aerial off!!!!!!

Result - one chewed aerial, scratched bonnet, roof and sunroof panel and dog with a permanent bootmark on its AR5E!!!!!

Lesson to be learned - if dog, corrado and birds are in the same locality, leave bonnet open so the stoopid little sh1t can't climb up onto the car!!!!!!!!!

The only weird thing that happens with my car is bugs are attracted to it. I've had huge moths exploding on my face every summer as they get sucked in through the window gap and the alarm keeps going off as assorted bugs seem to find their way in and trigger the ultrasonics....

It's the only car I've owned where things get pulled in through the window at speed, including fag butts, litter, stones, etc etc

wheres nosky with his story about a ferret and a skylines exhaust-pipe? (not corrado related but damn funny).

oh, chris's cut brake-pipe was a weird one too. We'd been swapping the twin DTM from my car with the standard box from chris's, all was going well until chris went to move his car and lost the ability to brake.

A quick investigation under the car revealed... a cut brake line!! (cue sinister music) chris went into a panic thinking someone was trying to kill him, me an paul were quite obviously wondering how to get away from chris as quickly as possible so we didnt get taken out a drive-by intended for him... when we realised that we'd had to cut the backbox off the standard system on chris's car to remove it and had nicked the brakepipe during the exercise... oops! :lol:

gawd - theres so many, its embarrassing, chris!!!!

Suppose the law of averages is that we've tend to do lots of car related things and the small percentage of odd occurances seems relatively high :roll:

I was driving along behind a big cement mixer some years back in my first Corrado.. the window was down a bit and all of a sudden a huge great stone flew in through the window and hit my face about half an inch below my right eye!

It REALLY took me back and I had to pull over. It hurt like hell but I couldn't believe how close it had come to my eye and what damage it could of done.

Scary.

My microwave sets off my alarm everytime I heat something up in it. Slightly embarrassing at 11:30pm making hot chocolate.

My microwave sets off my alarm everytime I heat something up in it. Slightly embarrassing at 11:30pm making hot chocolate.

your not one of them chavs from that sad microwave customising advert are you :) what product was that advertising - Pot Noodle or something???

Microwave type signals do seem to interfere with some car alarms. I remeber, again, my old Corrado once.. I left it in a car park whilst I was in a shop buying some car polish. Alarm went off.. I went to go check it, nothing wrong. Go back in shop, alarm goes off again, go back to check and nothing wrong.

Finally leave the shop and realise I left my phone in the car with - and yes, two missed calls on it.

H8RRA - that advert was for those microwavable burgers - Rustlers is it? From zero to tasty in 60 seconds? ;)

LOL! No microwave in car guys, come on, I have a Rado and therefore taste. The car is parked in the driveway and the microwave is in the kitchen at the back of the house. Passes through 1 x 90mm timber stud wall, the entire living room (10 feet maybe) then through the external wall (approx 300mm thick) then screws with my concept 300. Pain in the a$$