Trev

Audioscape Door Pods & Alternatives

I had one of the 1st sets Audioscape door pods. They came requiring trimming & fitment of speakers. The whole process took about 4 weeks of weekend work to get exactly the way i wanted.

I'm not complaining as the results are fantastic & much better than stock.

Has anyone got any experience with newer version of the Audioscape pods Or are there any alternatives which can hold 6" or 6.5" components?

I've just got a pair for my C, unfortuately I crashed it a week or so ago so have yet to fit them. They do look very good though and take up to 6.5" speakers. Recommended.

ive got the audioscape to i think they are good but wasn't told they would require the speaker holes putting in them!!! :mad: they are good quailty though :fadein:

made my own copies...i used 6 1/2"rings made from mdf and fibre glass to build up the door pocket...then covered it with stretch vynil

they look as good as the others ive seen...prob took 2-3 weeks of evenings to make but cost under£20

i bought these pods, they do look good and well made. the thing i hated was having to cut the speaker size out, there wasn't much room behind for a long blade and then u had to be careful not to catch the material they were trimmed in.

the fit is quite good really.

If i ever change my interior to leather i will have custom made ones done, looks and a better fit.

Ice Direct Peterborough

Can I just add - When you order your Audioscape door pods, tell James there what speakers you will be fitting and he will cut an appropriately sized hole in them for you! :D

How much is it for a set of these audioscape pods?

Would I better making some instead?

About £180. Expensive but good quality, if you got the skills make them yourself.

£180 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wasn't there a group buy on here not so long ago, and if so how much did you pay in the end?

Would it be too soon to arrange another??[schild=1 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Anyone for a Group Buy[/schild]

The Audioscape pods come blanked off unless you specify a speaker size, whereby they will be glad to cut a precise hole for you with a diamond cutter based on your speaker's cutout diameter.

They are not mind readers and can't 'guess' what speakers you are going to use and cut any old hole in advance. So please people, if you order any pods, take that into account when ordering as cutting fibreglass without the right tools can get messy.

If you don't know what your speaker cutout diameter is, tell them the make and model and they can find out for you and don't say "6.5" because you'll get a 6.5" hole cut and the speaker will drop straight through :roll:

Wasn't there a group buy on here not so long ago, and if so how much did you pay in the end?

Would it be too soon to arrange another??[schild=1 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Anyone for a Group Buy[/schild]

I am happy to organise another group buy. I will discuss prices for 10 or more orders with him when I see him next.

I think they were around the £140 mark last time. Well worth the money if you're serious about your sounds.

I had one of the 1st sets Audioscape door pods. They came requiring trimming & fitment of speakers. The whole process took about 4 weeks of weekend work to get exactly the way i wanted.

Has anyone got any experience with newer version of the Audioscape pods Or are there any alternatives which can hold 6" or 6.5" components?

Hold on one minute, i recognise that tigger!! Trevor Rice, how's things? Have you got a new C then?

I am happy to organise another group buy. I will discuss prices for 10 or more orders with him when I see him next.

Any chance you could blag me a couple of new badges for my speaker grilles? They fell off :(

I think they were around the £140 mark last time. Well worth the money if you're serious about your sounds.

Any idea when you will see him next??? And could anyone who is interested please make yourselves known.

Yes Lee, I'll get you some grilles badges.

As for the GB, I'll create another thread.

Cheers,

much appreciated. :D

seems like this fell to the bottom, unless the other locked GB thread was what resulted from this.

Someone who has these might be able to help me...do these extend much higher up the door panel than stock ones? specifically late interior.

And then, at the top of the pod, do they project farther out from the door than stock?

I ask because Im from the US, and have the knee bars, and would love to buy these, if they clear.

Yeah it's tight, I think the knee bar will definitely hit the Audioscape pods.

If there's enough interest in America, I can do a Group Buy on 'Knee bar' spec pods if you like?