Sign in to follow this  
Dec

Just accidentally bought a Scirocco for

Just stuck a £60 bid on flebay, and won it for £56....wasn't expecting it AT ALL!!!!!

Cant go too far wrong at the price, but there is no tax on it at the moment, and I need to transport it from Norwich to Slough!

Anybody have any contacts/ideas of a good company to transport it? Or any other way of getting it back to my place?

06_1_b.JPG

d0_1_b.JPG

f5_1_b.JPG

8b_1_b.JPG

77_1_b.JPG

d7_1_b.JPG

Lucky git! Genuine eBay bargains are out there to be had still then!

It's a 1.6L GT carb!

I've been on the lookout for a daily driver...so hopefully ater a bit of work this should do the job!

Yeah can't recommend 'roccos as a daily driver enough - great fun and dirt cheap to run.

2/3rds of your exhaust at less than £125 from VAG is not to be sniffed at.

Good stuff!!!

As I said though...I'm still stunned that I won it foir that price!! :D

I just have to have it collected in the next three days :roll: :roll:

Just stuck a £60 bid on the on flebay, and won it for £56....wasn't expecting it AT ALL!!!!!

Cant go too far wrong at the price, but there is no tax on it at the moment, and I need to transport it from Norwich to Slough!

Anybody have any contacts/ideas of a good company to transport it? Or any other way of getting it back to my place?

you could book it in for an MOT in Slough :wink:

:lol: :lol: ....good thinking!!....unfortunatley I don't have cover on it (or the Corrado) yet!!

Is it legal to tow this car instead of trailering it?

it is legal to drive to/from the testing centre without a MOT isn't it? What about tax though?

:lol: :lol: ....good thinking!!....unfortunatley I don't have cover on it (or the Corrado) yet!!

Can't see why not, but not on M-ways I wouldn't have thought.

Get a fixed tow bar from argos rather than a rope though!

as long as you avoid M-ways.........iirc

it is legal to drive to/from the testing centre without a MOT isn't it? What about tax though?

you can't tax it without a MOT :)

pretty sure...........as long as its going straight to the MOT test station with a booking within a few hours of a reasonable time of you picking it up...............in other words don't go for a "pose" or pleasure run in it

pretty sure...........as long as its going straight to the MOT test station with a booking within a few hours of a reasonable time of you picking it up...............in other words don't go for a "pose" or pleasure run in it

Bit risky as there must be a few MOT stations nr Norwich other than in Slough :)

Yup, as the guys said, it's perfectly legal to drive to to an MOT without having an MOT already.

It is best to actually book it in for an inspection though - cos if you get pulled over and they do check it could be a bit expensive/embarrasing.

Edit: and it's not exactly unusual for people to buy cars with no tax, so it shouldn't be a problem...

.......in other words don't go for a "pose" or pleasure run in it

I'll just be happy if it makes it back!!

Might be a a better way of collecting it so!! :wink:

....so you can drive to the MOT testing centre without tax???

Yup but you need insurance and the MOT must be pre-booked so if plod pull you over they can contact the MOT centre to confirm it.

There has been a discussion about how far you can go to do this; but you are also allowed to take the car to somewhere for repairs following an MOT failure, although I doubt anything over 50 miles of travelling like this would go down well.

Just "mapquested" the distance.....it's 138 miles :oops:

Could just bite the bullet and get it collected by towtruck I guess!!

I am unaware of any case law in relation to a maximum mileage you can travel to the MOT testing station. (that doesnt mean there isnt any though!)

Usual rule of thumb tends to be from your home address to the MOT testing place. MOT testing place to garage where the repairs are to be carried out. or back to the address where the repairs are to be caried out. would be okay without tax and MOT.

Obviously as soon as the MOT is in your hands you have no excuse for not being taxed! So ideally take all your paperwork with you and head straight to the post office.

As always with these things it's officers discretion.

They would be having a pretty bad day and be fairly harsh I reakon if they gave you a hard time travelling that distance to a demonstrable pre-booked MOT.

It has to be an MOT centre within a reasonable distance from the vehicle, 138 miles is somewhat unreasonable I would have thought, 10 is more like reasonable to the local constabulary I would have thought

:lol: :lol: ...you're probably right!!

I've got a few quotes for getting it transported to me, £170 is the best so far :roll: :wink: