Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Corrado 1...

Corrado 1 - Fox 0

quite suprising that a 70mph impact only broke an indicator, although I haven't had a chance to look properly in the daylight yet.

Didn't half go with a thud, then bounced around for a while underneath the car.

First thing I've hit in 11 years of driving.... oh, apart from a dog on Kingston one-way system that ran out a side road into the front wing!! (I was doing less than 5mph that time though.)

Felt bad after killing the poor thing.. (at least I hope I killed it) It looked scared as I plowed into it!!! The misses nearly puked over the dash.. The girl done good to hold it down!

Unfortunate for the fox, but at least there aint much damage. Always thought a fox would make a big mess of a car....

We get loads of pheasents, foxes and dears running/flying into the roads round here, I've bin lucky, only hit 1 pheasent but had near misses with 2 dears.

The girl done good to hold it down!

Im gonna leave that one for Dinkus...

Glad it didn't do any more damage, it's a real shame but unfortuatly there's nothing you can do in those situations.

sorry to hear that, I am an animal lover...LOL...would feel worse if it was a badger, because fox's are everywhere these days anyway...if that makes you feel better...

Bad luck mate. I think my personal count is about 8 assorted animals over 30 years driving, including a dachshund that commited suicide under the wheels of my motorbike!

Reminds me that back in the early 80's, I worked at March Engineering when their designer Adrian Newey (now the McLaren F1 designer) hit a cow at 70+ in his BMW 3 series - THAT was nasty & he was really lucky to survive. The roof was pushed back to the rear of the front doors & sheared off the front A pillars. The cow didn't survive & nor did the BMW.

Few years ago I was driving along my usual route to college going pretty fast, a car with an old couple in appears from round the corner and the bloke is wildly signaling for me to slow down. I'm thinking 'whatever old-timer, this is my territory your on now!' and I burn it round the corner regardless... Low and behold, half the sheep in Cornwall are crossing the road 20 feet infront of me and i'm doing 50. Bang straight into one of them, stopped the car and got out only to see it hopping over the hedge sideways.

Suprisingly resilient animal but it sounds like your fox didn't come off so well...

Oh and the old couple stopped and the man proceeded to give me a lecture on safe driving etc. s'pose he did have a point.

This is what happened when I came across a deer in the road.

The deer was unharmed. I shouldn't have tried to avoid it really.