Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Buzzing sound when heated seat switched on

Everytime I switch on the driver's side heated seat, I get a fairly loud buzzing (sounds like something vibrating) sound from the rear left panel, sounds like it's coming just behind the rear left card.

What is it? It's frickin scary... :(

the electric seat relays are behind the passenger side card,the electric window module is behind the drivers side rear card

No not the left back. Windows is right hand rear back. Left rear back is the two seat heating relays. (Edit: slow dial up, doh :( )

Sounds like the driver's one doesn't like the heating element or has gone faulty.

Take out the rear left rear passenger seat squab and the relays are there at the bottom of the side panel trim panel. The relays are "intelligent" inside for the thermostatic control.

Swap them over and see if the buzzing moves. If not it's the seat heating element or thermal control element in the seat has gone in some way, if it moves with the relay - relay - part 443 019 533A.

i've got this problem on my storm too, noticed it on the way home, had me worried to start with, stopped as soon as i turned seat off! any help would be great, cheers

"rear left rear passenger seat squab" ?

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue what this is and how I take it out :oops:

its the lower half of the seat

I had this- think its when you get intermittent broken circuits in the heated seat element and it sends the relays a bit haywire.

Bet you have damaged the element- most often goes on the 'secondary circuit' which is linked in to the temp sensitive resistor- and is easy to damage if you push down on the seat base (say your reaching in to the passenger footwell from the driver side)

I had this- think its when you get intermittent broken circuits in the heated seat element and it sends the relays a bit haywire.

Yeah, I suspect this but the relay is an easy first call before stripping the seat.

rear left rear passenger seat squab" ?

Der bit your plant you bum on. Push the front of it at the rear footwell wall back & up. It's secured on a sort of metal stake in the centre.

eg.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story ... 86,00.html

"Rear passengers will appreciate the head room, thanks to the straight roof line, the ample legroom and the generous seat squab that comes out all the way to the back of your knees.".

if it is the relay , they are £35 +vat from the stealer, doubt its the relay though tbh

there will be two relays going into the same holder, just swop them

did anyone find out what the fix is for this ? mine has started buzzing when the heated seats are on exactly has described, doh !

nah, not yet m8, havent had time, but mine started again yesterday, lol.

Its gotta be an electrical fault, as my buzzing was coming directly from the passenger rear door card, but whn i turned my stereo up, it reverb'd through that also, and was interfering! It must be a broken earth or a dodgy relay or summit?