Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

leave it off chris and when you charge it and have it mapped, then it can be deleted :wave: :cheers: :tongue:

Was refering to James, aka boost addict!!

Sorted then, air pump and valve are going to scrap heaven. Thank you for your advice all! :salute:

Doh :ignore: aux air valve...forgot they had them,sorry about duff info mate !

Its just not good enough James!! :nono:

So, still not sure what to do with it, I can have the ecu reprogrammed to get past these issues, but I thought it was normal to delete the sec air pump, so I have, then I just assumed you'd block the aux air inlet off as well...??

If you want to have a nosey at my set up your quite welcome to,your just over the way from me

actually i will have a T70 up for sale soon :norty:

Don't !!I've spent enough as is :)

just been eyeing up some nice AP 330mm's though. Not badly priced from the US at the mo, what with the weak dollar.

must not spend, must not spend, must not spend...

Dutch

actually i will have a T70 up for sale soon :norty:

Don't !!I've spent enough as is :)

just been eyeing up some nice AP 330mm's though. Not badly priced from the US at the mo, what with the weak dollar.

must not spend, must not spend, must not spend...

Dutch

thats what i keep saying :lol:

you cant beat buying from the states with the strong pound :tongue:

Just assumed all mk4 24v's would be equiped witha/c. just checked and your right, smart arse!! :tongue: (Cheers)

What about the air filter then?

Not sure if a mkiv induction kit will fit. My filter is a dry PiperCross one. Not specific to a mkiv, but I got the biggest that would fit without rubbing :)

I fitted a new Corrado PAS pump to the 24v with a 4Motion pully & 4Motion (without a/c sized) belt, all from VAG.

Dutch

Hi Guys, after having spent god knows how long going over this thread again I can't spot the name of the company that does the ECU re-flashing. I'm trying to get my 24v into my Mk2 and think that getting this done will save me some head aches. Any companies would be appreciated and/or tips on what is vital to get changed and what isn't on the re-flash...Thanks

I'm pretty sure its custom code who do the ecu defeating, you'll probably have to speak to them to discuss it. I'm having my ecu sorted by a guy who's doing my wiring here in Bristol, can ask if he can do yours if you like?

You want to have the imobiliser removed - saves fitting the clocks and keys, and the lambdas downstream of the cats deleted.

Thanks for that Chris, I have the keys and clocks and for the sake of the extra work was prob going to use the Mk4 clocks, I've already had an OBD1 VR6 in it already using Mk3 clocks, think the Mk4's will go in at a push.

are the r32 guys using an alfa romeo throttle body?? been told i need one so i keep the car as a cable throttle and not using the r32 fly by wire system.

karl

are the r32 guys using an alfa romeo throttle body?? been told i need one so i keep the car as a cable throttle and not using the r32 fly by wire system.

karl

I was told that by storm developments, its the easiest way to avoid the drive by wire throttle issues!

Hi,

I'm helping a friend replace his ABV (?) VR6 with a 24v 4-mo engine. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me where the engine code is stamped on a 4-mo 24v engine - it's lovely and clear on a 1.8t, but wasn't immediately obvious on the 4-mo engine when having a quick look in this evening's twilight.

I understand there are different 2.8 24v 4-mo engines, if someone could tell me what the engine codes are, and the differences between the engines, that'd be great.

On a side note, has anyone used a storm emerald kit with a 4-mo engine? My friend got the engine for buttons, but only has engine plugs and bare wiring, and no OEM ECU, so current management favourite is a pre-mapped emerald ecu from Storm.

Thanks,

John.

Off the top of my head mate I cant remember. One has cable throttle, AUQ I think, and the others hae VVT. The BDE has individual coil packs but one of the others has 1 coil pack and 6 leads a la VR6 12v. Sorry to be a bit vague but I cant remember which is which. I do know however that the BDE has individual coils and VVT. They all have 204 BHP.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone who is doing the r32 conversion had any problems with haldex or abs errors when using factory management. I read somewhere these can occur when using the vr box etc.

im looking to use factory ecu on my r32 conversion and was worried about the above.

I'm pretty sure its custom code who do the ecu defeating, you'll probably have to speak to them to discuss it. I'm having my ecu sorted by a guy who's doing my wiring here in Bristol, can ask if he can do yours if you like?

You want to have the imobiliser removed - saves fitting the clocks and keys, and the lambdas downstream of the cats deleted.

Ziderapple - could you ask your guy how much he would charge to sort the wiring ( i havethe engine loom relay panel etc adn fly by wire pedal ) just wondering if i could send him the bits in the post and if he could make it up for me so that it is plug and play. or even better still if he could tell me what to wire to where ill have a go myself.)

i have someone here who will do the immobiliser defeat and re map my standard ecu at the same time just looking for wiring help.

thanks

Didnt have those issues on mine, but the R32 may be slightly different, but I wouldnt have thought so.

I used Custom Code for mine too, however any decent remap should work, I think Upsolute can do it, and theyre quite cheap.

Frasier - Where are you based mate?

Fraiser, Don't worry about the code errors, the guy Zinderapple (chris) put me onto (VAG Doctor) can do all the ECU deletes , and much cheaper than C-Code too as he doesn't ask for a remap... Infact he'll sort you a loom for £200-300 if you send in yours. He'll also come on site to help out so it's all prettey flexible....Google him.

Hope it helps chap

Chris