Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Just noticed the PS reservior! Get the battery in the boot and then take a cold feed from behind the headlight :shrug:

Edit; does that air feed go through a hole where the ps was?

i'm just gonna move my battery over onto the drivers side of the engine, that will give me loads of room for my Gruppe filter, plus will even out the engine bay if you understand??

Yeah I know what you mean. Need to blank of the CC hole first though.

How easy would that be though? Im next to useless when it come to wiring etc.

I also have the small fuse box sitting beside the wing as well.

Yeah I know what you mean. Need to blank of the CC hole first though.

How easy would that be though? Im next to useless when it come to wiring etc.

I also have the small fuse box sitting beside the wing as well.

if you really hate electrics, any good auto electrican would charge about £30 - £50 for just extending the main leads going to the battery you could also get them to move the small fuse box also.

just make a few phone calls mate

Just wondering if you can plug R32 clocks into an 05 3.2 TT engine? or if the wiring is completely different. basically i have found an audi tt engine for reasonably cheap but i was considering a mk4 dash, and for time being id like to use corrado dash but in the future if i feel like a change putting mk4 clocks and dash in.

Also does anybody know, other than the audi tt being mapped differently and different air flow meter, how different they are from mk4 golf r32's? im just trying to gauge if they are going to be equivalent to a mk4 or mk5 r32.

Oh and does anybody know of anyone making custom manifolds with the lambda's in?

I'm using an Audi TT engine, some of the Mk4's have a different throttle body arrangement making them a bit higher, not at an angle like the TT one is. Airbox is slightly different, has a trumpet going into the Air mass sensor which is slightly bigger, I'm sure there are a few other changes but not many :D good engines to get, in my view less likely to have had hard miles, as the TT V6 is hardly a drivers car like the R32, mine is like new inside. :D The only thing I would say is make sure you go up and collect the bits, i ended up with a mix of various different looms from different cars with made the wiring a nightmare :roll:

thanks alot KIP, what did you do about manifold and lambda's? need to get a manifold but want to keep all 4 lambda's

I haven't got that far yet, but I'm basically cutting and shutting all the standard TT stuff. The pair of cast manifolds bolt onto the downpipe which also houses the CAT's and the four lambda's stuff. The tunnel is big enough to fit it all in there, the brackets to hold it up need a bit of work and the lengths of the straights need shortening.

does anyone know of any mk5 pedals kicking about, any sports cats going for reasonably cheap and also if there are any companies making manifolds for the conversion with lambda's?

why not just get one of the Dubpower r32 conversion manifolds and weld in the lambda boss's, also why not just use the standard/de-cat centre pipe, it will make things loads easier and if your concerned about using all 4 of the r32's lambda's just wels in another lamda boss into you centre pipe.

why make things hard for yourself when theres an easier way of doing it :)

karl

you speak the words of a true jedi master KAD, think i will do that. how much did you pay for your manifold?

i wouldn't say that, if i knew what a complete chuffing pain it is to get the wiring/mapping done on one of these r32 conversions, i would have not bothered, sorry just having my weekly rant about the car and garages :brickwall:

but the dubpower 6 branch will cost you approx £350, and it is a work of art, when/if you contact dubpower mention me to pete and he may well do you some for of discount??

karl

right guys im hoping for some big help here, im about 10 seconds away from selling everything and buying a mk4 golf.

Iv got a corrado and an audi TT engine, manifold can be ordered whenever, wiring needs sending off, the engine didn't come with some major parts which i need so hoping people can point me in the right direction for reasonably cheap parts. I've been calling around for what seems like eternity for a MK5 r32 pedal which i cant find, i need 4... yes 4 lambda's probes for reasonably cheap :( and a mass air flow sensor.

please help!!!

Who did you get the engine from out of interest? for parts you can try motors in motion where i got my engine from, but there service was not brilliant. Stealers for the pedal chap, I'll give you a part number when i get home, it's ablut £80. I got a new mass air sensor for about £70 online.

got it from a guy in huddersfield off ED38, all felt a little dodgy afterwards and he has seemed to have disappeared now.

right guys im hoping for some big help here, im about 10 seconds away from selling everything and buying a mk4 golf.

Iv got a corrado and an audi TT engine, manifold can be ordered whenever, wiring needs sending off, the engine didn't come with some major parts which i need so hoping people can point me in the right direction for reasonably cheap parts. I've been calling around for what seems like eternity for a MK5 r32 pedal which i cant find, i need 4... yes 4 lambda's probes for reasonably cheap :( and a mass air flow sensor.

please help!!!

what Kip said buddy about the pedal and MAF - by far your best bet. also with the DBW pedals - they are a right nause to remove from their brackets on the floor and are often broken in doing so. (the clips are made stupidly difficult to get at/undo by VW for some reason). i ordered a pedal off a breaker and lo and behold it was broken when i got it. the best thing to do IMO, is to get hold of a rough pedal (you're welcome to my old rough pedal once Kip has finished with it!) and get it exactly where you want it, then fit your nice new pedal.

as for the lambdas, your best bet there is to find a written off r32 that's done low miles; but good luck with that one! you may have to bite the bullet on that, and they won't be cheap from the dealers...

also if you're after a set of Mk5 r32 cats, i have a set that have done only 12k lying around that you could have for £150 if you're interested...

and don't sell it all - trust me with the frustration of fitting we all seem to have had at some point, we've all thought bugger this and wanted to sell it all.

when Karl was thinking of getting rid of his, he test drove a 3.2 A3 and told the sales bloke about his C. the salesman replied "so you've got a Corrado R32, and you want to chop it in for an A3; are you mad?!!"

it really will be worth it once you've done it, just expect an obligatory bit of heartache along the way :)

cheers guys, well all of my mates have been really good about it all and are well up for helping me out which is good. well iv spoken to pete at dubpower who said he will sell me a conversion manifold so i can use the existing corrado cat. think you may be right on the lambda's, but scrappers are a bit scarce on r32 parts cus every man and his dog wants them.

will just have to keep my eyes open, will be nice once i've done it i don't doubt but its going to be my daily so that will be fun :)

will be nice once i've done it i don't doubt but its going to be my daily so that will be fun :)

mine will be my daily too! :D (was until i originally took it off the road)

I've not even started my conversion yet and all this talk of headaches and thinking about selling is starting to worry me a little. I like a world through rose tinted glasses so if someone can post up saying 'Don't worry, it was all straight forward and easy. Do-able in a weekend etc' it'd be much appreciated! :lol:

Granted I'm not going R32 like you fancy boys, a measly 2.8 24v for me I'm afraid....... with GT35R .......

haha, well your just showing off now arn't you!!!

ill tell you what, im waiting for dubpower and stealth to get back to me and should be starting conversion in about 2-3 weeks so ill begin the reassurance talk then... or rather ill need it!!!

does anybody know if i need a mk5 golf r32 dbw or if any mk5 golf pedal will do? and if an audi TT has the same dbw pedal?

I've not even started my conversion yet and all this talk of headaches and thinking about selling is starting to worry me a little. I like a world through rose tinted glasses so if someone can post up saying 'Don't worry, it was all straight forward and easy. Do-able in a weekend etc' it'd be much appreciated! :lol:

Granted I'm not going R32 like you fancy boys, a measly 2.8 24v for me I'm afraid....... with GT35R .......

boaster!!! :p

can't wait to see that when it's done! :D

matey, don't get too worried about it - i did my conversion on and off in under 6 weeks and that was outside in the freezing cold/rain on axle stands and by myself 99% of the time.

as long as you can get the necessary bits all sorted before hand (manifold etc), then it shouldn't be that much of a drama.

if you're doing the wiring yourself then that's where it gets interesting! i just chickened out and got VAG-Doc in bristol to sort mine for me, which is the way most people seem to go (nice keeping original ecu/lambdas so you can get fault codes etc)

to be honest most of the mechanics are easily do-able in a weekend, it's just the little things like the manifold, oil cooler/engine mount, waiting for parts etc etc that slow things down.

my advice for the most stress-free conversion would be to sort another car prior to doing it and make sure you have enough free time so it doesn't drag on, that way you won't have to worry about pressure of getting it done; mine was my daily so i had to get busses, scrimp lifts, borrow cars etc which made everything a right PITA (still am now actually!). also i only really had the 6 weeks to get it all done before i went back to work which made things even worse for me.

chin up - AND GET ON WITH IT!!! :D

does anybody know if i need a mk5 golf r32 dbw or if any mk5 golf pedal will do? and if an audi TT has the same dbw pedal?

afaik all mk5 pedals are the same except the automatic/dsg jobbies - mine is running on a random dbw pedal that is defo not an r32 one, so that should work fine.

unsure if the tt pedal is the same (i would imagine it is, but can't confirm)

Haha, Cheers guys. I think most people would say I'm mad doing an engine swap and turbo at the same time! tbh I hadn't even thought about the R32 possibilities until I'd already got the 2.8 sat waiting to be fitted. I really want to get cracking on it now but I had to keep the missus happy by getting married in May but as soon as I get back off the honeymoon I'll be building up the motor ready to get fitted.

Pete - I'm quite lucky in the fact I walk to work and don't need the car on a daily basis, plus I'm going DTA so it'll just (hopefully) be a case of setting up the engine loom and selecting the correct feeds for the clocks etc. but I must admit the only thing that is really worrying me is the electronics...... i'm sure it'll be fine though :confused4:

Swiftkid - I've actually got a mk4 DBW pedal that came with my 24v engine that you're welcome try to see if it's any good to you? I'm going standard cable throttle on mine so it's just sat gathering dust.