Sign in to follow this  
V3DUB

Corrado Special

Just reading a discussion on another forum and it appears there was once the 'Corrado Special' only two ever made and one was a 4x4 16v g60 from the factory.

Is this just a myth??

You never know tbh!

With access to all those parts, who's to say that some of the engineers didn't chuck a couple of unique ones together one Friday afternoon after the pub?

It'll be more like chinese whispers.

Someone will have said 'there's a guy that's changing his car to 4WD' and before you know it, VW produced 10 rare 4WD cars that have 900bhp.

cant find the damn page on the ed38 forum, it wasnt a new topic and there was a pic of one of them it was yellow with weird kit and looked a rite dog.

aposegil, there were 6, one is currently underneath the Karmann museum in a storage area after being written off on a local test track, the ECU was sold earlier this year to a german building a 16VG60

I'm sure RW1 would be the best one te say whether there were official " Corrado Special " models brought out...i've not heard of them anyway....would be cool.

aposegil, there were 6, one is currently underneath the Karmann museum in a storage area after being written off on a local test track, the ECU was sold earlier this year to a german building a 16VG60

ah ok i alwys thought it was one yellow one after seeing pics of the gy that owned it putting it in a ditch but repaired it

well there u have it its 6 learnt something new today

are they all ugly yellow body kitted?

I'm not sure if there was some sort of confusion from the guys at Karmann but this is what came up when we met them in Germany. I originally asked about the Campaign and the guy I talked to had no real memory of those, but he did say something like this:

They produced, for VW, 6x 16vG60 Corrado's - They were in regular factory type colours, with nothing particularly special externally to distinguish them from the other Corrado's, and that one of them was stacked whilst in testing - the remains of that car now live in the basement at Karmann.

I was pretty sceptical to be honest as i'd never heard anything about these cars, but low and behold when Mr Breford showed up at the campsite that evening in the '157th Corrado' that he is in the process of selling he came with (and sold on to a German guy) the ECU from that crashed car - we had a look at it and written on the ECU was 16V-G60. Someone took a picture of it somewhere - Steve?

Its all a bit confusing and it doesn't really help us clear up the history of the Corrado, prototypes, etc at all :|

ok cool as for the campaigns wasnt it just 6 corrados given to a specific company here in the uk to trim out the leathers in that colour? hence why germans might have no heard of them?

i think John M once told me

Well the guy, as I say had no real memories of the cars, but he did know of them and was 100% certain that they were trimmed at Karmann and not over here in the UK as some rumours seems to suggest.

Here you go, pic attached. As far as i know VW Motorsport made just 2 16V G60's one was a syncro and one was FWD. One looked standard and one had the bodykit shown fitted.

out of interest how many editions is there ?

you have :-

vr Storm's

vr Campaign's

g60 Jet's

what else?

there was one called the Estoril(at a guess it probably had estoril rims on it) too :wink:

and don't forget those mega special Karmann interior ones or the even rarer Wolfsburg ones :twisted: :twisted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I like the yellow Corrado. I'll get my coat!