Sign in to follow this  
dutch

Would u guys consider.....

Has anyone ever gone from a VR6 to a G60? I know many people have gone from a G60 to VR6 but what about the other way around?

D

thought about it, just to complete the corrado experiance! They're a different drive to a VR, and can be tuned to provide simular power in a different way, so it would depend on what I was looking for. If i wanted something a bit more balls-out than the VR then a tuned g60 would probably be something I'd look at.

LOL..what is it with you this week dutch??....you seem to be stiring up a few arguments :wink: :2gunfire:

You're probebly best off having a little go in a g60, they are very different beasts to drive.

lol....Walesy!! just lookin for people's thoughts on this one.....not intended to be a G60 vs VR6 debate..... :D

g60's are mostly early style, vr6's are pretty much all late style. I think theres a few cross-over models about (vrs with some early interior parts/g60s with late interior parts) but there seems to be more cross-over g60's than VR's.

ive got to admit i have thought about putting a VR lump in mine just to feel how it is but to much headache i have even though about swaping mine for a Vr but not sure about it

but out of the choice of G60 or 16v sadly 16v wins hands down i cant get used to that charger noise (even thou mine is quiet as hell 2.5 boost tubing and reboost pipe work all plumed in) but i can still hear it

dont get me wrong its nothing stupid etc but in my eyes it got this really annoying whistle which constantly there :( and changes pitch with rev's

but others and many on here love that its down to personal taste lol

Blue_Joe.....really? why?

Because I love the Raw Aggresiveness of it! And particularly with everything I have done to it now!!!!! It's not a daily driver so I don;t need a smooth motorway muncher - I prefer the fun at a weekend aggression!

And I also don't like the shape of the newer Rados, the roundness of the front end just doesn't do it for me! [Don's Flak Jacket, Helmet and hides under table waiting for the barrage of grief to subside!]

Blue_Joe.....really? why?

Because I love the Raw Aggresiveness of it! And particularly with everything I have done to it now!!!!! It's not a daily driver so I don;t need a smooth motorway muncher - I prefer the fun at a weekend aggression!

And I also don't like the shape of the newer Rados, the roundness of the front end just doesn't do it for me! [Don's Flak Jacket, Helmet and hides under table waiting for the barrage of grief to subside!]

Thats a bloody good point though, if your g60 isn't a daily driver it makes alot of difference, I just found that it wasn't great day to day, as a weekend car i'd prefer a g60 to a vr6 aswell I reckon

Nope - Still not back on the road! Problems with the Toothed Pulley kit keeps throwing the belt off! but new set of pulleys should be on my doormat at home if all is well and should be back on the road at weekend all being well. Then can finally start running it in. Not doing any stupid overnight run ins - was a daft idea!

Not doing any stupid overnight run ins - was a daft idea!

lol

I thought you were keen when I saw your post about that 600 miles = 10 hours @ 60 kinda puts it into perspective!

hope you get it all sorted this weekend, keep everyone updated once its running!

I agree with Blue_Joe, I wouldn't go from a G60 to a VR. I also don't like the newer bonnet, and prefer my car going RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR to it going purrrrrrrrrrrrr. I also don't like the newer interior, switchgear looks like base model Polo stuff to me, but it's all opinion.

And I love my charger noise too lol!

i've been in a couple of g's and really didn't like the experience......

i'm a total 'V' whore and have been for the past 8 years since driving a v6 audi a6 and then 6 vr6 C's since

just love the smooth silky sound of the 'V'

this might or not be a good point

but i only find this probs with the G60 lump's driving my brother's G40 is completely different i love that car, now to me thats a great G engine and doesnt have this noise im talking about and it cant be the 8v engine as ive got a 2L 8v vento and i love that so its really hard to explain

i've often thought about a g60 aswell as the vr , they are just different animals wearing the same coat to me both have their good points and mostly the same bad points

The only thing I'd go from a VR6 to is a 24V VR6......with a supercharger bolted to it :-)

I love lazy torque and that's something the above has in abundance, not to mention 6 cylinder refinement. G60s can be torque monsters too. I drove Stealth's 2.0 G60 MK2 Golf some years ago and that had enough torque to stop the globe and then spin it the other way..... but my days of 4 pots are numbered. 6 is my minimum now....

Not been in many VRs yet, but for me it was the factor of familiarity with 8V technology (as I do like to tinker as well rather than just drive, which is probably why my Rado is so often off the road :lol:), but I do prefer the grunt of the G60 even when it just sits idling, whilst a VR6 idling sounds too refined for me.

Tempest

Well I am probably one of a few people who has had a G60 and a V in the same car.

All I can say is they are totally different animals. The VR is effortless to drive in comparison to the G60. They both have/had the same BHP but the VR feels like it has 50BHP more just because of the way it delivers it.

Obviously mine is a 24v, but the principles are the same.

I loved my G60 and the charger noise (most of the time), but I equally love the noise of the VR, so its horses for courses really.

I think as an all round the VR wins hands down, but G60 owners will always disagree, which is fair enough, as I used to.......

Jay