Sign in to follow this  
olds'kool

Pop, fart, BANG!!!!!!!!

Hi guys finally got myself a raddo only thing is it runs like shite its a G60 and its got a really bad misfire , the previous owner put it in to the VW Mainstealer local and conndemned the ECU changed but still the same!!! Any thoughts would be a great help Thanks in advance Dave

Sounds like over fueling, plus prob timing being out. Which leads to suggest you need to check all the sensors. Usual cause of overfueling is the lambda sensor dying, broken wiring connectors or the blue temp sendor dead.

Do a search, all this has been covered before.

My bet would be on the timing being out, too.

Check whether the timing marks on flywheel, camshaft sprocket and distributor line up, then check timing is set to 6° BTDC.

Tempest

it sounds alot like the problem i had, it turned out to be the fuel filter and the plugs, might aswell change them as there not that expensive or hard to do.

Awesome chaps think i've sorted it changed a vacuum pipe that goes to the pressure regulator and i thinks that done it just got to give it a road test next step a fill service me thinks, not bad for a £400 shitter. Mainstealers my arse!!! Thanks for all your responses think i'll be hanging around here Laters Dave