JMC

JMC's G60

Wow :luvlove: brakes looking good 8)

An the engine plans should be spot on by the sound of it. :notworthy:

Thanks rolex, and lets hope so regarding the engine. Been without it for 3 days now and miss it :(

Just got back from Darrens after having a 1900 rebuild, with one of G-Werks CNC heads, Shrick sump, lightened flywheel and crank, 4 branch manfold and putting in my new box as well (G60/VR6/Peloquin hybrid), and and a recon steering rack. Just need to put 1000 miles on it now before I can get the redtops and Schrick cam in there ad get it remapped. Even though I can't put it on boost for 1000 miles, it feels very very strong and wants to pull even from 1100 revs. :D :D :D

excellent stuff - congrats mate :) write up how you find it after bedding and mapping and lets get some pics!

Just got back from Darrens after having a 1900 rebuild, with one of G-Werks CNC heads, Shrick sump, lightened flywheel and crank, 4 branch manfold and putting in my new box as well (G60/VR6/Peloquin hybrid), and and a recon steering rack. Just need to put 1000 miles on it now before I can get the redtops and Schrick cam in there ad get it remapped. Even though I can't put it on boost for 1000 miles, it feels very very strong and wants to pull even from 1100 revs. :D :D :D

What does the Shrick sump actually do? Does it hold more oil than standard or something?

I'm glad to hear that your new engine will pull away from idle...it's a good sign :wink:

Sounds like it's gonna be a bit of a beast once it's run in! 8)

AFAIK - The Shrick sump is baffled?

Cheers for the comments folks. Just trying to sort out some time on a rolling road to get it mapped at the mo. Fingers crossed will be a real beast when done. Have to drive for 1000miles 'off boost', which is really really hard. Yep the Schrick sump is baffled, has a greater capacity and higher surface area cooling fins. _Leon_, pictures wise looks excatly the same a standard, just slightly cleaner :lol:

I reckons that's gonna go like stink :norty:

What sort of performance you expecting from it, dude?

I think realistic figures of around 250bhp and similar torque once everything is run in. To put it into context I got 212bhp from the old system which was 1800, original exhaust manifold, knackered green top injectors (the ones we pulled out had bits missing :shock: ), piper cam, and RPM head, and had done 140k miles. New system 1900, 4 branch, flowed throttle, Schrick cam, red tops, G-Werks CNC head, lightened and balanced crank and flyhweel, and a rolling road remap. Should be fun :D

Sounds like your cars going to be a flyer mate. When you enquired about your engine did he have different routes that you could take i.e. 1940, 1900, 2000cc. Id like some more info on this as I would like to go down this route myself shortly. Id ring him but i know hes busy and im still saving up the pennies :lol:

Sounds like your cars going to be a flyer mate. When you enquired about your engine did he have different routes that you could take i.e. 1940, 1900, 2000cc. Id like some more info on this as I would like to go down this route myself shortly. Id ring him but i know hes busy and im still saving up the pennies :lol:

Basically 1900 is simple (or as simple as a rebuild can be) and not much more in cost, 1940 is more complex and expensive, 2000 is very complicated/difficult/expensive. TSR do a 2l one, but that is based on a van engine, and there was something on here a while back about the oil squirters not being correct (amongst other potential flaws). As far as I am aware 1900 is the only one Darren does. Henny will have more info on the 1940, and I think Blue Joes old 2000 was done by RPM if memory serves me, who vowed they would never do it again :lol:

Sounds tops mate, will be same sort of spec as mine, its great fun 8)

Cheers Rob, looking forward to having it run in.

Thanks mate, I really fancy a cnc big valve head but seems a bit pointless putting it on a bottom end thats done 120k so might as well go the whole hog. Keep us updated on how the beast goes.

Thanks mate, I really fancy a cnc big valve head but seems a bit pointless putting it on a bottom end thats done 120k so might as well go the whole hog. Keep us updated on how the beast goes.

Well I was running a RPM head on mine which had done 140k and was getting 212bhp. Check the compression in the cylinders - if thats good then, hey, why not? :D :D

When you say "RPM head" is this a company name like "CNC"?

Hows the running in progress?

RPM = Race Power Motorsport = Company name

CNC = Method of machining to tune the head for power.

Computer Numerical Control.

Machinery used to precisely bore and adjust the item (cylinder head) to exact specifications, programmed into the machine computer as a series of co-ordinates and programming-esque language :salute:

CNC heads are a company too, who use cnc machines to flow thier heads. Just to get rid of any confusion :)

When you say "RPM head" is this a company name like "CNC"?

Hows the running in progress?

Running in is going well thanks (well I hope it is anyway :lol: ). Done over a 1000 miles in it now, and am booked in with Surrey Rolling Road this weekend. Darren and Steve are coming over to do the last few bits then we are going to tune it :clap: :clap:

One thing I have noticed - runs hotter then my old engine. Oil temps were 110 on the motorway, and they used to sit at 100 (I have a small Mocal on there). I presume this is usual for new engines due to the increased friction :shrug:

Really Tom, i can honestly say i have never heard of them lol.

Boostboy you passed your test with funky rainbow colours....

Boostboy you passed your test with funky rainbow colours....

:clap: :clap: :clap: I do have coursework on them. My god, it's dull. Literally like looking at lines and lines of old-skool ZX Spectrum programming!

Apart from this set doesn't load games at the end :bad-words: