Sign in to follow this  
jekvr6

foam under the bonnet

You can use dynamat hoodliner instead (silver shiny stuff), just buy it and cut it to the right shapes :)

I thought it was sound deadening.... as the engine makes quite a bit of noise....

but seeing as the engine is outside will sound deadeninng make much difference??

i quite fancy replacing mine but don't have the money for a kit what can you use and cut yourself? adn what adhesive would you use. thanks guys

sorry bout hijacking thread :oops:

i quite fancy replacing mine but don't have the money for a kit what can you use and cut yourself?

Don't quite understand what you are asking here...

Dynamat hoodliner is the stuff you need, cut it yourself... is it the money that you want?! ;)

I thought it was sound deadening.... as the engine makes quite a bit of noise....

Never noticed any difference on my US-G60 with or now without the foamy stuff. Still need to remove the glue residue, horror!

Tempest

y'all must be lunatics. The only good reason for sound deadening your bonnet, is if you have an unsilenced screw compressor. Otherwise, why wouldn't you like the sound of either the fine whine of the supercharger, or the six pot vr? The rado isn't really great for frequent long journeys either, so I can't see why you would need it?

If you still want to do this, there are surely tens of different designs, technologies and price categories of sound deadening mats at your local hardware store. As mentioned, VAG still makes sets, so if it's available from the stealers near you, and you have too much money, that is, you could buy it ready made from there.

Put it in another way, if you can hear (damn, had to think about how you spelled that for a minute :D ) the engine sound inside the car, your stereo isn't amped high enough ;)

The rado isn't really great for frequent long journeys either,

Beg to differ, as my US-Rado did prove its worthiness on my recent long journey again. It's refined, but with that extra bit waiting to be released if needs be :-) As such I wouldn't really consider a more refined or even more modern :shock: car :-)

Tempest