Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

Ive turned into a old fart since ive had the C ????

alright peeps,

my corrado (1990 16 valver) is the cheapest car ive ever brought (by a clear 4 grand) and im super happy just poodling around in her, no thrashing or revving etc and i my mates think im mad. I dont know why it is because every other car ive ever had, sporty cars and whatever ive always thrashed them to bits. Im not worried about hurting it or anything but for some reason its just like my own little classic car world and i trot along happily watching the world pass me by. I fitted a reasonable ICE setup and i dont even bother turning it on half the time just because i like listening to the straight through exhaust. I dont know why it is but it just doesnt seem right bombing around in her. OK so we still like the odd country lane and roundabout blast. Ive never before even gone near a oiley rag but now i love it - I will be wearing brown leather driving gloves soon

Ramble over !

PS Im only 30!

haha, I drive slow mostly, even my mates have commented on it.

Although, when I get on the dual carriage ways, it's a bit of a different story :D

LOL, it's kinda happening to me too! I used to drive by the seat of my pants in my old MK2 8V but the C has pacified me a bit. Partly cos I know i've got more power and don't need to prove anything and partly cos I'm a little obsessed in reaching 35mpg!!

oh dear oh dear oh dear - im getting more and more annoyed that my MPG isnt working on the ole MFA

I dont think mine does either only seem to get about 230 miles out of a full tank on my G60 and I do obsess about wathing the MFA!!

I've mostly driven slow in mine ever since I bought it, although that's because there's usually something wrong and I have to take it easy - brakes, then steering arms/ball joints, then suspension ... at the moment it's the steering rack :roll:. One day I hope to go for a drive without worrying about ending up in a hedge!

The only reason I go slow now is because I havent managed to get high 20s MPG in a while, I have booted the loud pedal quite a lot recently, I can't help it.

I've mostly driven slow in mine ever since I bought it, although that's because there's usually something wrong and I have to take it easy - brakes, then steering arms/ball joints, then suspension ... at the moment it's the steering rack :roll:. One day I hope to go for a drive without worrying about ending up in a hedge!

That could also have something to do with it !! I can drive my 3 1/2 tonne van faster than my car because i dont have to worry about going 6 foot sideways everytime i go near a bump or an adverse camber in my van

I drive slowly unless somebody pisses me off when im minding my own business, then i get a heavy right boot? :/

I am afraid that I drive like a complete nutter in my C.

The missus is always going mad at me for it.

Every time I get into it am I trying to be sensible and stick to speed limits, but I just can't.

I have all that power, I hate people tailgating me, and I am always flooring it to overtake traffic I am stuck behind for miles, and to loose the a**hole who is 2 inches off my rear bumper all the time.

(the same bloke.... follows me everywhere!.... not realy :lol: )

I am more dangerous in the C than I am on my ZX9!

I just can't stop it.

Since selling my syncro Passat and running a selection of 'older' (read as more likely to break) Volkswagens I have started to drive steadier. This morning for example on the way to work I got the 1800 Passat GT to an indicated 47MPG. That was by not exceeding 70.

I will however, show people the way home if provoked. :mrgreen: I won't be bullied into submission by repboy in his company BMW/Vectra/Mondeo etc. :nono:

I can't help smiling to myself, when my car cost the same as a weeks depreciation of most other cars on the road.

Gavin

Flat cap and string backs on order.

it might be different if i had a VR6 though because the ole 16 valver doesnt really give the "ho ho ho" factor even when you rag it. A mate of mines got an old capri though and thats great for ragin it even though its slow as shite you cant beat a bit of rear wheel drive arse out action

Jimbob1970, totally agree apart from the bike bit mate , when i go out on mine i'm always checking for helicopters on my way home, iride fast but not stupid

almost everytime i go out in either the car or on my bike i could get banned

:-(

i need therapy

you don't need therapy, all you need is a good radar detector. while i had one i had no tickets for my first year and a half, then as soon as my dad saw how i drive he took it away and now my license is getting suspended 4 months later...

you don't need therapy, all you need is a good radar detector. while i had one i had no tickets for my first year and a half, then as soon as my dad saw how i drive he took it away and now my license is getting suspended 4 months later...

>

Without sounding like your dad too much, do you consider that you have gained adequate road experience in a couple of years driving to stop you from getting into a situation you can't get out of??

I was driving the best part of 20000 miles a year at age 18 due being in the RAF. Even then I made, when looking back, schoolboy errors which were totally avoidable. Which cost me money but luckily only ever bent metal.

Like GIXXER I have done my time on fast bikes and truely believe that riding a fast bike and staying alive, will make you a much better car driver.

I used to call my GSXR 'the time machine', I used to get to places before I set off. :lol:

Rather than seeing it as a failure, how about learning from your suspension. I got banned for a week for speeding in 1992. I can only blame myself for not seeing the copper in question soon enough. Was my observation good enough on that day, clearly not? Now I check every slip road and bush for the law.

Drive safe.

I can recommend doing some track time as therapy.

>

Gavin

I don't often drive my VR6 as i've got a diesel run about. When i do tho i can't help give it a boot full (when the oils up to temp) and it still puts a huge smile on my face even a couple of years on... when it stops doing that it'll be time to sell

7 years of VR ownership and I still love flooring her.

Can't beat it and I love p&ssing off BM/Merc/Audi drivers 8)

I just cannot submit to a rep. mobile either, which is not a good thing as I found myself doing 225 kph past Schipol today with said merc prick still trying :oops:

...and my speeding ticket total this year has now surpassed 1350 euro's :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dutch

In canada cops are tricky, i don't know about your country, but here they hide around trees with lasers.

I know how to dodge them when they are on the road that's the easiest thing specially undercovers. Still got a lot of learning to do, but then again all i'm driving so far is a cavalier which is planned to be the future run about. At least it's a z24 haha :p, it still eats civics and with high octane it can take stock integras too haha.

alright peeps,

my corrado (1990 16 valver) is the cheapest car ive ever brought (by a clear 4 grand) and im super happy just poodling around in her, no thrashing or revving etc and i my mates think im mad. I dont know why it is because every other car ive ever had, sporty cars and whatever ive always thrashed them to bits. Im not worried about hurting it or anything but for some reason its just like my own little classic car world and i trot along happily watching the world pass me by. I fitted a reasonable ICE setup and i dont even bother turning it on half the time just because i like listening to the straight through exhaust. I dont know why it is but it just doesnt seem right bombing around in her. OK so we still like the odd country lane and roundabout blast. Ive never before even gone near a oiley rag but now i love it - I will be wearing brown leather driving gloves soon

Ramble over !

PS Im only 30!

quick and simple solution,,,, buy a G60