Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Air Con???

I'm seriously thinking about putting A/C into the raddo for next summer, but i want to know if the G60 ever came with it.

Has anybody done this conversion/have it on a G60 as standard?

Cheers guys.

Cheers, good reading, but £1000-£1200 seems a bit steep, recon i could retro fit something myself, perhaps out of a passat g60?

The under bonnet parts aren't too much trouble. Getting the airbox in the car will be the sticking point. It uses lots of space.

Gavin

Has anyone got any pics of the engine bay with the A/C compressor?

My charger is 'missing' and i'm about to convert to a mk3 setup, just to loose the charger bracket/complicate things further! :roll:

Well i'm gonna stick on the MK3 alternator and use the pulleys, but i wanna know where the compressor for the air con would go on a G60 before i buy one, just in case i end up needing a mk3 one of those as well!

Hi dave,i fitted your instrument rings in today,right bastids to fit properly...,

I find it hard to believe that down there in the uk a/c wasn't fitted to g60s,well i've scrapped two g60s that had air-con fitted at the factory and i kept all the bits,compressor,brackets,lines,condensor,pressure swithes,fascia panel,etc,etc,i've even got a VR6 engine that came with a/c fitted O/E,anyway,if you like i can group togther all the ness. bits and send you them down in a kinda kit form?,all components are V.A.G O/E,let me know if you want,cheers,Andrew.

dont bother saps g60 power, my jet had it in.

That's ok, if it saps power, i'll just wind the boost up! :)

VEEDUBBED PM sent mate.

GradeAFailure's right, my G60 had air con on until last year - removed it in favour of a Golf G60 intercooler. Also the air con hadn't worked for a while (when we took it out, the only thing that looked wrong with it was that one of the pipes was cut through). Seem to recall the compressor went beneath the charger. There is not a great deal of space left with it fitted, and you need the worlds longest belt to drive it all. Drop me a PM if you need any parts.

if nobody else wants them have you still got the different pulleys for the water pump and crankshaft that where fitted to g60's with air con.

or could you find any part numbers on them?

i have tried finding some and asked the dealers but they hav'nt got a clue and wont order them without a part number.

thanks

dan

Err, We didn't change any of the pulleys when the air con was taken out - should I changing mine over?? Why were they different?? Answers on a postcard please...

The waterpump pulley is a different part number (not sure what the difference is) but the crank was only different for US Passat G60's with A/C...

coolrado, the first one is easy enough for the dealer to look up on ETKA (037 121 031A - G60 AC Water pump plulley), they're just being lazy!

The crank pulley - there are 2 listed for the G60 engines on several cars.... not one specifically for A/C...

Not sure which one is bigger tho (if at all...)

sorry if im hijacking someone elses thread here, but what parts do i need to order to fit my air con compressor? the one i have is from a leon but it has the same size pulley as the corrado ones, it lines up perfectly with the ribbed belt and mounts on the stock bracket. so what pullies and belts would i need?

both my local dealers have proven multiple times that they are hopeless so i make sure i have a part numbers where possible otherwise i know they will screw it up. the guy on the parts counter let me look at the etka screen but said he will not order the parts until he knows they are definately correct.

i had a good look at the top gear g60 video, it shows that the air con version has a v-belt pulley on the water pump, instead of being driven by the ribbed belt it is driven off a longer v-belt that also drives the power steering as normal.

cheers

dan

Would this stuff be in the "legendary" Bentley manual in great detail ? Not that I have one.

It'll almost certainly cover AC in great detail, but it will all be for the factory, LHD setup, so of absolutely no use to you :lol:

dont bother saps g60 power, my jet had it in.

Doesn't having your window open effectively sap more power (aerodynamically) than a a/c compressor does?