Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

Aaaaargh, I HATE bodgers!

Grrrr, why do all the previous owners of low-cost cars have such a talent for bodging stuff so badly that it takes more effort to put it right than it would have to actually do the job properly in the first place...?! :mad:

Specifically, wiring.

Connector blocks, wires twisted together and taped, loose wires hanging out all over the place, stereo connectors cut off and wires cut so shorrt they're virtually in the engine bay...

Have none of these people heard of crimp connectors, soldering, loom tape or cable ties...?!

Maybe I'm being a perfectionist, but if I change something about a car, I like to do it in such a way that it looks like it was done like that at the factory...

I think we should pass a law saying that anyone found bodging a car should have it taken off them! :lol:

I, for one, have had to perform extensively rewiring of every car I've ever owned. The worst part is some of them were less than four years old. It's pretty shocking that people who know they're useless still go ahead and cause electrical chaos in a perfectly good vehicle.

I can beat you on that one.....

Titatnium putty in the charger.

Silicone sealant in the oil pump.

Two chargers in one month!!!!!!! :brickwall:

Alarm "fitters" are my pet hate. My centre console was rattling a lot, I took it out and there are ten to fifteen breaks in it where it has been forced in, cracks where they have push fitted screws to hold the ultrasonic sensor on, screws missing, tight wires....apalling but common.