Sign in to follow this  
Tonyl

hi there and advice please

hi im new to corrados but i remember them coming out and ive like them every since :D

anyway at the moment i own a honda prelude 2.2 vtec which is a lovely car but unfortunaly there not enough room for my 2 kids so im looking at buying a corrado g60 as i don't think i could afford to run a VR6

could someone help me out with some specs on the G60 please like 0-60, mpg ect

thanks very much

Afraid so, wait till you start tuning it, i only see 18 when i'm nice to it!

(and i'm NEVER nice to it!!!!! :twisted: )

judging by that the 1.8 G60 is worse on petrol than the 2.9 VR6

i don't really understand why its so bad on petrol :? my prelude has 220hp, its a 2.2 and it does 30 mpg

All depends on how you drive it.

The pros and cons of the G60/VR6 have been discussed many times on here before, if you do a search on it, you'll get a good idea of which one's best for you.

i don't really understand why its so bad on petrol :? my prelude has 220hp, its a 2.2 and it does 30 mpg

doubtful yer prelude can do 30mpg round town with 220bhp(i take it thats not standard out of the box power either)

doubtful yer prelude can do 30mpg round town with 220bhp(i take it thats not standard out of the box power either)

...................unless of course its a JAP-spec Type S :twisted:

anyway at the moment i own a honda prelude 2.2 vtec which is a lovely car but unfortunaly there not enough room for my 2 kids so im looking at buying a corrado g60 as i don't think i could afford to run a VR6

and room for your kids??

not sure that the C is any bigger than the honda, i would check out the lack of rear seats beforeyou make any decisions. If you are tall then your seat will likely be very close to the seat behind.

i would have both cars if i could :-)

You'll get better mpg from a G60 than from a VR, as long as the G60 hasn't been mega tuned. I used to regularly get 35+mpg on long journeys in my G60, whereas both my VRs would be very lucky to get over 32mpg on similar journeys.

Yeah - but tune the G60 or spend a lot of your time in traffic and then the stats are reversed. My old G60 was appalling on fuel economy. Not bad on a long run but awful in traffic / town...

I once spent around £160 on fuel in a month and I barely ventured out of Coventry! It was around then that I realised that I had to sell it and move on until my finances could recover a bit!