Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Top Gear - Tonight @ 8pm :)

tried that,,,,,, didnt work

tried kicking it too that didnt work either tried turning it off/on

tried diconnecting the leads and then replugging

only thing i havent tried is chucking it out the window

Bummer, GT4 rocks. But I would rather see a real mario kart track on Top gear.

Bit disapointed with the show tonight. expected more from the last show, that award show was just a bit of who can shout the loudest.

A great final episode for VAG. Audi RS4 winning best car, Veyron winning best driving experience, and the R32 trouncing the Beemer 130 on all counts!

People on this forum have been quick to dis the new R32 but 3 seconds quicker round the track is impressive. It also looks less bling in silver cos it hides the chrome a bit more!! The sound of the engine is enough to make the hairs on your neck stand up. Just a shame they copied the cr*ppy exhaust from a Clio 182!!

Storm77 - totaly agree with you mate i hate to say it but im in love with the mkV from the diesel i had on holiday as rental car to the R32 and i def feel that the guys are VW taken leaf out of AMG books and got that full bore noise just right ;)

The car is so well designed I cant see them toping it just the room inside the feeling of driving it, come on they had the rear wheel up and still went round the courner perfectly (as trust me thats not just the R i had my TSI with rear wheel up in the spanish country lanes with my cous following me behind and the car felt planted) even in the GTI handleing is form another world.

Sorry but ill prob get shot but the MKV is a amazing car full stop lol ill even go far to say its got the edge over the corrado as it looks good handles great but means you can get people in the back lol

flame suit on so bring it on lol :p

FurkiG60, I would help but I'm playing gt4 sorry mate :lol:

mate doesnt help me either im stuck at work lol

think tomorrow im bringing in a few DVDs and watching those lol

Storm77 - totaly agree with you mate i hate to say it but im in love with the mkV from the diesel i had on holiday as rental car to the R32 and i def feel that the guys are VW taken leaf out of AMG books and got that full bore noise just right ;)

The car is so well designed I cant see them toping it just the room inside the feeling of driving it, come on they had the rear wheel up and still went round the courner perfectly (as trust me thats not just the R i had my TSI with rear wheel up in the spanish country lanes with my cous following me behind and the car felt planted) even in the GTI handleing is form another world.

Sorry but ill prob get shot but the MKV is a amazing car full stop lol ill even go far to say its got the edge over the corrado as it looks good handles great but means you can get people in the back lol

flame suit on so bring it on lol :p

I had a go in a MK5 140bhp GT TDI the other day and it was great fun! Turns in really well with sharp steering and obviously the torque is impressive........but getting back into the C on Koni's is no comparison..the C wins hands down! (a standard C would be a closer match!)

Needless to say, my next car will be a Golf Diesel - if I can't afford a MK5, it'll be the MK4 anniversary GTI (TDI)

Pity ur not in north london mate of mine works for VW and could def get one of those bad boys out for a test drive :D

i still recon we should all write in and get them to use a corrado up that hill climb def make that like oldy look like its going backwards lol

Wheres Guy and his supercharged baby when u need him lol

I've still not driven one, but from what I've heard, the MKV is really supposed to be very good and I was with you all the way up until...

It looks good?!?! It looks lardy and ugly!! :lol:

I would have said it looks less lardy than a Mk4, I wasnt sure at first but having seen them about more often have warmed to them. a mate has a Mk5 GTI and it is fantastic. It out corners my (unmodified) C and up to about 5500k matches the speed. so a R32 would be perfik, big VR sound and 4 wheel grip.

I've still not driven one, but from what I've heard, the MKV is really supposed to be very good and I was with you all the way up until...

It looks good?!?! It looks lardy and ugly!! :lol:

ok mate what u have to do is tilt ur head to one side and squint ur eys and off course being drunk helps lol

only kidding but sadly i do like its looks and no it doesnt look like a corsa lol

I like the MK5, always have, so long as it's 3 dr and black.

Very surprised the R32 beat the BMW in TG's eyes..... for once Clarkson looked beyond tail sliding as the only feature worth getting excited about and gave both cars a fair appraisal. What he said has mirrored, more or less, what other journos have discovered about the 2 cars....although Evo dyno'd an R32 and it made 217hp, some 30 odd short! Cam sensor, LOL!

As always, the Golf is the one to own as it's good at everything, and not special at one thing in particular. The BMW is fun in small doses but has cr@p ride quality, low rent interior and it's feckin ugly!

Most people would take the GTI over the R32 though as it's almost as quick and 200Kg lighter in the metal and £3000 more in the wallet.

ok mate what u have to do is tilt ur head to one side and squint ur eys and off course being drunk helps lol

only kidding but sadly i do like its looks and no it doesnt look like a corsa lol

Ahhh, so beer goggles work on cars too?? :lol:

I wonder what else they work on - cue excuse to start drinking... :lol:

got to admit it is hard which one to choose

esepcially when i saw on the S2 forum some tuning company got 350bhp out of the new FSI engine

ill try grad the artical in hand

Ahhh, so beer goggles work on cars too?? :lol:

I wonder what else they work on - cue excuse to start drinking... :lol:

mate it explains alot of my woman history trust me :oops: ;) :lol:

LOL - Compared to a Corrado it looks awful IMO.. like an oversized Corsa.

:shock: You might think it looks awful, but surely you can't mention it in the same sentence as a corsa!?! Like Kev says, can a 3-door black one not even tempt you?

It always amazes me how Germans famous for their lack of style and fashion sense (mullets, tashs, tight speedos on holiday etc) always design great looking cars, yet the French who are supposed to have style and flair design cars like the Renault Vel-sh*t-is!!!

I thought the sprite versus pug was a bit one sided (though the pug really doesn't float my boat at all)- the sprite was a hill-climb car, whereas the pug was a show car- far better test would have been to put the sprite up against a maxed skyline or impreza.... ~(like the skyline they showed for about 5 seconds)...

It always amazes me how Germans famous for their lack of style and fashion sense (mullets, tashs, tight speedos on holiday etc) always design great looking cars, yet the French who are supposed to have style and flair design cars like the Renault Vel-sh*t-is!!!

Tis all subjective though :-) Don't forget VW did a 'Jeans' edition beetle which had a hideous interior, but it floated someone's boat :-)

Germans are more renowned for their solid cars that go on forever than their creative flair, although there aren't many German cars I detest. They even have a creative flair with interiors when they put their minds to it..... the TT being a good example there.

mate just putting the sprite against my brothers G40 would have been fair test IMO

Problem with doing that is that the G40 is far more in keeping with the original sprites design ethos- light, nimble car with small but tuned engine....

and the G40 (being 30 or so years more up-to-date) would have completely caned it.....

.....whereas I suspect they picked the pug show car precisely because they thought the sprite would win..