Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

New Wheels

He's obviously broken the sunroof or spoiler whilst trying to fit them!

you mean he's done "a nick" , he's doesnt have much luck does he :-) , respect to him though, it doesnt stop him having another go and breaking something else

Nice one Nick, iv'e only just seen this thread as i've only just got broadband and it wasn't worth viewing any threads with pics untill now!

I can't wait to have a gander at your car in the summer, it's certainly had alot of time and money spent on it since I saw it.

Good man! :D

Just seen it at the local meet. Nick, it is looking peachy. Sounds like he has been to hell and back getting the car to where it is but it sits lovely on those wheels.

Oh and it was raining so I dont think anyone took Pics :D

Guys, firstly you cheeky gets :lol:

Reason for the delay might be because someone put them all on and realised the directional tyres were pointing the wrong way, so you were half right, i shouldnt be allowed near a car!

Secondly i had to put in some quality time to earn enough brownie points to go to the Thames meet today! So they went on the right way round in the dark last night.

anyho, heres a few quick picks before i left for the pub meet today....

oh, gix, they are all 8x17 20mm adapters (thanks Steve!) and 205/40/17s that actually dont look that stretched at all.

let me think........ no need to really. bloody lovely wheels those, may even get rid of my bbs's for a set of these this year. 8) oh yeh did you break anything while putting the wheels on???

KAD, suprisingly no i didnt. Well nothing on the car. I trod on my radio in the garage though if that counts! it is historical

I can confirm that these wheels look utterly sweet in the metal - and if someone forced me to choose at gunpoint between these and 301s then it'd be a damn tough choice!

Peakz, yeah budy. Its the wifes car, and she more an.l about it than I am with mine. lol!

Its a 97 fully loaded and we got it with 50k on, for about half the price of a golf, and i prefer the vento. tbh i really cant tell the diff in performance between it and the corrado! Dont tell anyone though, maybe just at the very top end to C edges it. Shes got obd2 and 288s on it as standard though as its such a late one. They may just go missing one day though hey!! Tiz a nice car though, ill dig out another pick in a bit.

Back to the wheels, im over the moon with them, and the tyes, although they first turned a wheel today in stupid rain. Bit scarey on brand new slippy rubber! How paranoid am i about curbs now then!!

Sounds weird Nick but be more conscious of the back rims on kerbs.

My fronts are great but the rears seem to catch when you're reversing where there's a kerb. Doesn't take much to catch 'em.

actually mate, its the rears that were worrying me today when driving round farnbrough on the slow mini roundabouts not being familier with the place. I cringed a couple of times, but alls safe so far!

Thanks for all the comments btw guys. There not an.lly mint, but i never thought id have any rhs, so im over the moan. My only wheels though, so will be trying to get through the winter in em!!

Datsun, where did that come from mate!!

Tiz an audi coupe, non quattro 1986 on a c plate, 5 cylinder.

Its mums car and has done 55k!!!!!!!!!

Engine size?