Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Corrado arrives Monday! :)

Just bought a Corrado VR6! All being well I'll be getting it Monday evening.

It's one from the forum. Mystic Blue VR6, 100,000miles with engine rebuild and clutch 15k ago (hopefully aquiring proof of this mon morn). Full leather heated seats (mmm). Bodywork needs a bit of TLC but got it for a good price.

This one:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 92&start=0

Couple of ques from a Corrado novice.

Theres a button beneath the heated seats and fog lights on centre of dash, one says "Max" and the other "Norm". What do they do?

The elec mirrors dont move and the blower works on 1+4, intermittant on 2 and nothing on 3, reasonbly cheap to sort?

Is it poss to get a copy of history from VW if it was serviced there in the past?

Passenger seat doesn't go up or down, but does move back a forth (electric). I can hear a click when I press the button but it doesn't move. Any ideas?

Sunroof does usual thing of not going back and forward, but tilts, fairly cheap?

I'll need to fit a Cat 1 alarm, any suggestions/prices on which model?

Does anyone want to buy a 306 GTI-6 by any chance! :wink:

Thanks for buying guide, came in handy.

hey mate. bet you can't wait til monday then! quality.

the max and norm buttons are air-con fella. you have air-con! same as mine.

from what i remember, norm is just normal ;) and max is recirculate. so if there is sh*t being spread on the fields outside you put it on max and it doesn't draw outside air in.

max also works best for demisting the windows i find.

when i first got mine it kept misting the windows after i'd left the car parked. it turned out to be something to do with using the air-con on max.

hope you enjoy ya new purchase mate :)

Looks like a nice motor does that!

If you ring VW up and give them the Reg. They should be able to sort some history out.

If you ever need it hooking up to VAGCOM to check owt, give me a shout.

Dan

Cheers Dan!

Aircon eh! :) Cool! Probably not work as its being stood for 8 months until a few months back. Didn't seem to do much when I tried it, but the blowers are only half working.

A mate of mine contacted a scrapper in USA and he was selling a few full leather interiors (all of it) for $300!!!!! Try searching for one.

Obvioulsy not as popular over there! Beats paying a grand on ebay!

good man, you wont regret it, all the faults are little ones that are not to expensive to put right, and you will find all the info you need on here, as for the alarm i would go with the sigma s30, full cat 1 fitted for about £280. bet you wont be sleeping much on sunday night :)

Seats will be the switch take it out and try the connection plug first.Failing that take the switch apart and give the contacts a clean up.I`ve had the electric Recaros in a couple of my Corrados and normally just wiggling the wires and pushing the button right back works.

Good luck and welcome to Corrado ownership. 8)

Ha, My previous was a Pug 306, But the Turbo diesil smokescreen edition. :doc:

sleepless nights before monday, then grinning from ear to ear every journey.

heres my top tip, 1. have about 6 pints of grolsch. 2. take a swig of night nurse. and then you will fall straight to sleep. trust me it does work, nothing will wake ya mate. :wink:

not even your alarm clock for work tomorrow. :D

Think I got about 2 hours kip the night before i picked mine up. would have probably felt better if I had done a 6 pint night nurse combo and had a good night to boot.