Sign in to follow this  
OSV

Having moments of uncertainty re car!

I'm not sure what brings me to think this way but it certainly is not bringing me any joy.

I can't decide what to do with my Corrado. Having got a Passat TDI on long term loan I have found that I haven't been using my Corrado. At the time I thought this was great as i'm a little precious about my car and like to keep it mint and protected from harm. However I have to question what I should do if i'm not using it. There is no question I love the car but will occasional summer use make it worthwhile. I sold a show car Cabriolet to buy the Corrado and haven't regreted for a minute but never intended to be too precious about it but my thoughts quickly changed and a rough old badger is no good to me so I try to keep the car in good order. Having been into VWs for many years I have fulfilled many ambitions winning many shows and having features on my cars but this no longer seems important.

2005 was a great year for me I won several prizes with the Corrado including best Corrado at VW Mania in Belgium and winner at Edition 38 behind Lee and Jay. I'm especally pleased as the car was never intended to be prepared to full on show standard but old habits die hard.

So what to do, nothing its winter blues? Sell the new black splits and be a little less precious? Or should I sell the car?

Sorry for rambling but its driving me to distraction VW have been such a big part of my life, any thoughts people?

Indeed.. maybe you should get your teeth into a new project if thats what you really enjoy doing? Sell some of the many sets of wheels you have, sell the Rado, and get cracking on a new one? :)

lol - I don't think my budget would stretch to anything like the sort I would need to buy a car as sorted as OSV's!

i think you should try selling it,,,,, hope it goes like asim's sale and no one buys it.....

thing is are you sure you wont regret selling it,,, coz you know its gonna be very hard to find an example as mint as yours... and if you do end up selling,, best of luck mate and im having first dibs on ya black bbs. :lol:

ive had mine off the road for a few weeks and i wanted to sell too after mania show but its kind of bought me closer to keeping it A LOT.,

all the best though mate

Yeh you can have first refusal on the black splits. I'm certain I would miss the car, its just whether I can justify keeping it. It would be sold complete with newly refurbed Speedlines but without either set of splits but any buyer would get to the chance to leave it as is or return to stock with all bits included.

Got to say Gareth yr VR's a minter.. there comes a point with anything wether to keep it or move on, whatever you do I wish you luck..

def a tough one Gareth,,, could always wait till show season then decide,,, i think you may miss it a lot more than you think over the summer season...

Haven't been using mine much recently as i've got a few problems with it but its never entered my head to sell. Reason being i enjoy doing the work on it, fixing it, improving it and see it more as the result of a hobby than a practical car which i'm not make enough use of.

Question is do you enjoy your car or see it as a chore? You obviously enjoy rebuilding wheels and you car is the perfect showcase for your labours but so was your previous car.

With me the car's there and i enjoy going for a blast, taking it to a show or just showing off the car i've built. Its an expensive and time consuming interest but i decide how much time and money i spend on it. Its your choice to make and there much more important things than cars.

Hi gareth, have to agree with furks there and wait till the summer plus if you do decide to then what better way to view a car as good as yours than on the field.

Been in the sort of turmoil your in myself as you know and it really isn't easy.

so good luck whatever you decide.

Kip.

surely the simple answer is:-

DRIVE IT MORE OFTEN

it's standard enough to be used as a daily driver, stop being so anal about keeping it mint and just use it.

surely the simple answer is:-

DRIVE IT MORE OFTEN

it's standard enough to be used as a daily driver, stop being so anal about keeping it mint and just use it.

YOU BEEN TOLD !!!

I think it's quite common when you don't drive it for a while. I often have the same problem. Mines been off the road for months now and when I finally got it back together and then the cam shaft seized I was ready to scrap it!

But I know that last time it was off the road and was being so difficult to get finished I said that I would sell it. I was certain I was going to sell it! Even my missus was trying to convince me not to as I would miss it (How she regrets that now!) But as soon as it was all back together and I got in it just for a quick spin before thinking of writing the advert and that idea went straight out the window.

I generally have nice company cars (not at the mo- have a hire car Vectra Life - but nothing handles like a hire car!) last one a Saab 9-3 Top of the Range and a BMW on order at the moment, but still it doesn't come near driving the Rado. And I can;t even explain why but I know now that I will miss it if it went!

So my advice is wait until the summer. Gives you time to be absolutely sure, at a time that you'll get the best price for it and the most exposure at the shows! And in the meantime drive it fairly regularly so you'll know what you'd be missing!!!!!!!

Thats my advice!

do something to it you havent done before ( not ala walsey!) maybe charge it or take the suspension off and powder coat it all? execute some more subtle oem+ mods