Sign in to follow this  
vwgti

Corrado VR6 ABV cams vs. Golf VR6AA cams

Just check the etka the last albhabet for the cam are different between the ABV and AAA but the head and complete with cams are the same!!! Are there major difference? which is better I suppose the ABV?

Thanks in advance.

Double-6s

yes i am there are only about 5 in the country and Vr6 there 4, 2 autos and 2 manuals, and 1 G60!!

Just need somme help to know if there is a difference? mMaesured both camms there are the same.

So do anyone know id the the camms are the same?

I dont think they are the same if I remember correctly. One has a longer duration, dont know which one though.

T.

The only significant difference between the AAA and ABV engines fitted to the Golf/Corrado is cylinder bore......

The AAAs fitted to the Galaxy and Sharan may have had different cam profiles as they were tuned for torque rather than power, I think they were detuned to 150hp at one point.

Thanks guys for yr. reply the other differences besides the bore are, ECU, throttle body, Intake manifold which i could see yah. But it stil weird that the Part nos for the cams are different?! Weird :wink: